8/4 Maggie AMPS 372; +3 313; +8 265; PMPS 345

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Maggie11 (GA), Aug 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Maggie 8/3

Morning :coffee: :coffee: pink is our color today and hope Mags slides down later. I keep raising the dose slowly to compensate for the higher numbers. Mags has been sleeping on the recliner near the patio, so I have a chair close to it where she can just stroll over if she hears or sees some little outside critter life. No visiting kitties for a long time here, which is good, as it means no lost or abandoned kitties.

Mags is about the same today, still a poor appy. I did notice a little loose poo on her blanket and wonder if it's side affects from the A/B, this the second day. The Vet said we could hold off on the Miralax for now, since she's been spotting some soft poo. She gets the same doses of Cisapride though to help with her colon. Mags is taking the Wellness okay via the food syringe, and no vomiting, thank goodness, so paws crossed. If this is the Wellness with the new batches, it is peachier in color, and for Pat & Shadow, it has the ingredient carageenan added to it. I know that was a concern with her.

Many thanks again for all your vines and prayers yesterday for Mags.
    Wishing everyone a nice day. Healing vines for all kitties needing them.

TWC says a nice cloudy morning. so I'll get a walk in early.
    Thanks Mariko, Kathie, Liz, Amy and Pat for visits last evening after I logged off.

2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Re: 8/4 Maggie AMPS 372

We have the peachier Wellness now, too. Trix and Frankie seem to like it. I'll have to look into why carageenan is a concern, though....but, with Trix's early CKD and the fact that she doesn't like other low phos fuds, we're pretty stuck anyway.

Sending tons and tons of prayers for your sweet girl.

3. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Re: 8/4 Maggie AMPS 372; +3 313

+3 313
    Nice and slow drop which is good.

Amy, thanks so much for the prayers for us. I'm glad Trix and frankie like the new Wellness. Mags seems to have placed her stamp of approval on it, too :lol: thank goodness.
    I can't quite remember specifically what she said, but maybe she'll comment on it, and I can mention it in her condo.

4. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Good morning, Ann, I hope you and Mags both had a good night's rest last night. Still sending many vines her way :YMHUG: .
    That's so nice that she can relax by the patio, and watch over it.
    Hugs to you both!

5. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Anne read in Tanya's CKD book that Zantac helps with motility as well as stomach acid. I can find the citation if you are interested. Sending tons of vines to Maggie and big hugs to you, Ann.
    Liz

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Maggie keeps sliding down today. Sending prayers for you and Maggie.

7. Anne & Zener GA

We use the Zantac in place of pepcid. We replaced Pepcid with Zantac a while back so we would get the treatment of tummy acid benefits plus motility. Here is the url, it's also in Tanya's book in treatment of constipation.
    Zantac 75

8. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Hi Ann,
    I continue sending lots on vines and prayers to Maggie.
    And to you too. I know it's really hard when our kitties don't want to eat.
    Maggie is such a good girl that she doesn't mind syringe feeding.

9. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Better start for the day, Maggie. Keep sliding down, please! Shasta and Maggie are both dealing with the liqui-poos today. I would like to think that liqui-poo is better than no poo any day. However, as I watch Shasta struggle with finding a comfortable sitting position...I just don't know. Sending Maggie more good appy vines and firmer poo vines. Hugs to you, Ann and scritches to sweet Maggie. Hope she eyeballs some outside critters to stalk and harass. :D

10. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Re: 8/4 Maggie AMPS 372; +3 313; +8 265

+8 265
    A slide down to yellow, we'll take it!
    I'm having Internet connection slowages. I know that isn't a word. :lol: I'm typing and nothing is showing up on the page. Seems a little better now.

Josie, many thanks for the Maggie vines. Mags does love this patio area. We used to see a raccoon that would come wondering around hoping to find some cat food I bet.

Liz and Anne, many thanks for the info on Zantac. That sounds more useful than the Pepcid I'm giving Mags. Would be great if I could also use it instead of the Miralax. Thanks for all the vines and hugs.

Mariko, thanks so much for the vines and prayers. She is really okay with the food syringe. She turns her head when she's had enough. I think she's getting spoiled and now won't eat from a plate, which is okay, as she deserves to be spoiled.

Carla, thanks for your prayers. Looks like Mags heard and did a nice slide down at the +8!

Deborah, so sorry Shasta is also struggling with the liquipoo. I just earlier caught up with her Saturday condo. Sending back many appy and firm poo vines to your sweet girl, too..

11. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

It's great to see that slow slide...keep easing into it, MaggieGirl. And eat your fuds!!!

12. Anne & Zener GA

Zener gets both Zantac and miralax, they kind of do separate things. But maybe Mags will be different. ECID, after all. :lol:
    Liz

13. Frosty

Frosty Well-Known Member

Hi Ann. Nice slow slide into the yellow zone for Maggie today. Fingers crossed she does a do over tonight. We're sending Maggie some appy vines along with so good poo vines. We have you and Maggie in our Prayers Ann.

Have a great evening Ann.

14. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Ann

I'm sorry I missed Mags today. ..kinda got caught up in family day here.
    I'm sending my very best appy and feel good vines to sweet Mags.

15. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

HI Ann :D

Sorry I missed you earlier today. I hope it has been a decent day for Maggie. It is good to read that Maggie is taking the Wellness, and doesn't seem to mind it. I did buy some for the troops here, and they were not too thrilled. I was so tempted to say "but Maggie likes it!" I will hope for a good appy day for her tomorrow.

Experiencing the same internet issues here too! and i thought it was just mine. type and nothing shows... weird!

I hope you got your walk in today.

it's nice that you moved a chair for Maggie - so she can see out and visit is she wants. Bet she likes that.

hope your day has been a good one, Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.