? 8/4Milo +2 218 +4 180 +6 108 +7 84 +8 109 +11 109 PMPS107 +1 125 +2 101 +3 110 +4 116 +6 142 +11 398

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Danielle & Milo, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm going to offer a gentle reminder for everyone...
    in this forum we shoot low to stay low when we have the data to support our decision.

Is the data there to support the decision to shoot low tonight? If not, ample consideration should be given to the caregiver.

Just my 2 cents...

2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

I am in full agreement with the above.

3. Robin&BB

Robin&BB Well-Known Member

I am in full agreement with that statement, too.

4. Jill & Alex (GA)

FWIW, I've sent Professor Rand an email asking for clarification on this issue. She's on leave and won't be back til next week. When/if I hear anything I'll report back to the FDMB.

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Boy that would be great!! Would be really nice to have the issue settled once and for all!!

6. Robin&BB

Thank you, Jill - it will be marvelous to have that clarification from Professor Rand!

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

At this point, BJMs glucometer notes and AT spreadsheet are based on conjecture/personal interpretation, not fact.
    Hopefully Professor Rand will soon provide us with more information.

Robin&BB likes this.
  8. Chris & China (GA)

9. Robin&BB

Will be looking forward to that. I know FDMB's main focus here is to "first do no harm." (Safety first, right?) Thanks, Jill, for checking in with Prof. Rand on this. :)

10. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I will also point out that the premise of a peer-reviewed board is that if anyone sees anything that makes them go "hmmmm" then they are encouraged to post their point of view. The ensuing discussion can give the caregiver different viewpoints to consider as she makes her decisions. So while this thread is a bit confusing and hard to sort out, it seems that the board is working the way it should.

11. Chris & China (GA)

+2 is 101

DH is going to give him a couple spoonfuls of food now

12. Danielle & Milo

Danielle & Milo Member

*ALL*

I am so sorry that I was away for a few hours! My best friend dragged me out of the house because the past several days have been hard on me mentally. Today was a GOOD day for Milo and I feel 100% in control. Thank the good lord above and ALL of you for guiding me through this day, I am truly grateful.

I will update my title now and start a new thread on THIS Lantus forum only.

Please note I am having issues with my SS and @Chris & China is updating it for me.

Special things to note about Milo:

1.) We use the AT meter for testing and I will until we are out of test strips that I just ordered.
    2.) I am using the TR method
    3.) Milo was getting 2 units twice daily for his first full 6 cycles
    4.) Milo is on Lantus (duh :) )
    5.) Milo's day today was his first GOOD day since his diagnosis

Here are the BG results from tonight:

-PMPS = 107 (7:30pm CST)
    *Fed Milo a small raw, frozen chicken treat (Pure Bites - dog treats - he loves them)
    BG= 125 (8:00pm CST)
    **Gave ONE unit of insulin instead of 2 (8:05pm CST)
    *Fed Milo 1/2 can Fancy Feast Turkey & Giblets
    BG= 125 +1 (9:00pm)
    BG = 101 +2 (10:00pm)
    *Fed Milo two spoonfuls of FF low carb dinner (10:15pm CST)

I will be testing his BG at 11:00pm CST for his +3

Can anyone recommend how much more I need to test him overnight? I don' care what time or how late I will do what I need to for him to make sure he does not go down anymore.

13. Danielle & Milo

Danielle & Milo Member

I am digesting this all!!! WOW thank you!

14. Chris & China (GA)

We really can't tell you how long you'll need to test tonight. There's just not enough data on Milo for us to "predict" anything!

With him dropping from PS to +2, it's important that you keep testing until we know for sure he's stopped dropping and is able to hold his blood glucose up in a safe range

He only got a tiny bump from feeding him when you shot, so it's important to see where he goes in the next few hours

Hopefully his snack at +2 will help keep him steady ....we'll know more as you get more tests in

The +3 is a good idea

15. Danielle & Milo

Danielle & Milo Member

I welcome your help, please do not stop.

Robin&BB likes this.
  16. Danielle & Milo

Danielle & Milo Member

17. Danielle & Milo

Danielle & Milo Member

Any suggestions as to when I should test again or just make it "my call?" I will stay up all night if I have to, but his #'s went up a little (9 points) and he is getting 1 tablespoon of food now....Milo seems to be very hungry still.

18. Chris & China (GA)

He's actually doing exactly what we want him to do, but I'd still plan on getting another test at +4

He's looking GREAT right now...if we can keep him right where he's at, his pancreas is getting in lots of good "healing time"!

Danielle & Milo likes this.
  19. Robin&BB

Yes, get a +4. Did he get a full meal after that little stall @ PMPS time? (Would be good to note when/ how much fed as relates to his chart #s. Helps us understand what's happenin.';)

20. Danielle & Milo

Danielle & Milo Member

I will sleep when I am dead! I will do the +4

21. Robin&BB

I mean note that in comments section of the SS.

22. Danielle & Milo

Danielle & Milo Member

he got 1/2 can after insulin and then 1/2 can after +2

23. Robin&BB

ok. (note that in SS comments).:bighug:

24. Danielle & Milo

Danielle & Milo Member

HELP!!!!

Milo's +4 is 116! When should I test again?????

25. Chris & China (GA)

As nice as he's surfing, I think you could get a quick nap in....maybe your husband could take a turn at testing and you could sleep for awhile?

I'd want to make sure to get at least a +6 and make sure he's still maintaining his nice numbers

Robin&BB and Danielle & Milo like this.
  26. Danielle & Milo

Danielle & Milo Member

I will do a +6 go Milo!!!!

27. Robin&BB

As he's starting to rise, You would probably be fine getting a +6..

28. Robin&BB

@Chris & China - Ha! We crossed! I was still typing ... & we had the same answer. :)

29. Robin&BB

And yes, Danielle - try for a shortie nap! (I used to set multiple LOUD alarms overnight ...:rolleyes:)

30. Robin&BB

Danielle, I'm still here - for a few more minutes:rolleyes: - did you get that +6# yet?

31. Danielle & Milo

Danielle & Milo Member

+6 = 142

Hallelujah!!! Momma can get sleep since he's gradually rising! Will do AMPS in 5.5 hours

32. Danielle & Milo

Danielle & Milo Member

See above!!!! Thoughts?

33. Robin&BB

Ha! It actually appeared above the "See below!!!!" post ... Yes, get some sleep as he is rising - hooray! Good job! Will be up early out here ... will check in with you then, okay? :bighug:

34. Danielle & Milo

Danielle & Milo Member

Thanks! He's worth every waking hour! He even fell right back asleep next to me after testing. He melts my heart! Yes! Sounds good! I'll be doing next round AMPS around 7:45amCST

35. Robin&BB

Awww ... and remember: NO FOOD in that 2-hr. window before his AMPS. (I sincerely doubt that he'll do any weird drop down to near 70 or anything like that.) SO... Stay the course! I'm proud of you & Milo!!! (And he's a very young boy, so I think he will heal from diabetes quite nicely for you!)

36. Danielle & Milo

Danielle & Milo Member

****HELP*****

Milo's +11 was 398 (I expected this increase) m

Should I shoot the 2 units????? Remember I was doing 2 units twice daily and yesterday morning he got 2 units and last night got only got one.

Please advise on your thoughts ASAP! Thank you!

37. Danielle & Milo

Danielle & Milo Member

Thank you! I hope Milo is on track! He's not had any food but he's hungry now! Posted his +11

38. Danielle & Milo

Danielle & Milo Member

@Chris & China @Robin&BB

39. Robin&BB

Hi, Danielle! Feed, then 2 units

40. Danielle & Milo

Danielle & Milo Member

Thank you! I'm getting a true AMPS in 15 minutes to be safe. So do I start the cycle over since I did only one unit last night and went off course?

41. Robin&BB

Yes, would say you want to go back to last effective dose which was the 2 units. Also, how often was he fed last night during the night btwn tests?

42. Danielle & Milo

Danielle & Milo Member

Milo was fed in between +2 and +3 last night only 2 spoonfuls of FF and then 1 tbsp after after his +3

43. Danielle & Milo

Danielle & Milo Member

I'll be starting a new thread for today. His AMOS was 341 so he went down from 398 at his +11 this morning

44. Danielle & Milo

Danielle & Milo Member

AMPS 341!!!!! His went down from 398 at +11 which tells me his pancreas is healing in its own! Milo had no food before +11 and AMPS

45. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Good morning, Danielle!

The drop from 398 to 341 is most likely not so much of a drop in numbers as it is meter variance. There's an allowance of 20% with any test so 398 is really a range from 318 to 478. Given that the difference between the two tests is closer to 10%, I wouldn't worry too much. If it were me, I'd go ahead and shoot your usual dose and if you're nervous, get a +2 test. I tend to like getting a +2. If it's way lower than your pre-shot, then it lets you know that you may want to monitor a bit more closely than usual.

The drop doesn't really tell you his pancreas is healing on it's own. That's a big interpretation. Some cats will "double dip" -- see a drop in numbers closer to the end of the cycle or, as I noted, it's a reflection of meter variance. (Sorry to rain on the parade.)

Critter Mom likes this.
  46. Robin&BB

Good. His AMPS # is no big surprise because you had given him just 1.0 last night to be safer overnight when his # wasn't rising @ PMPS. (Better safe than sorry!) So now that you've shot the usual 2.0 this morning, stay the course & monitor as you were doing yesterday.

47. Danielle & Milo

Danielle & Milo Member

Thanks all! Moving to a new thread :) for today

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.