8/5 Mama AMPS 330 (12:30 am)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ellen & Mama, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellen & Mama

Ellen & Mama Member

I have her #s for the last 12 hours since technically my AMPS is the middle of the night (can I change that without messing everything up??) Is there a spreadsheet template to plug #s into, to get the midpoint or whatever I need to know? She is eating but not so much in the middle of the night cause I am not constantly sticking food in her face (cause I am asleep). I gave her an appetite stimulant last night and again this morning. Do people use lancets to get blood, I have just been pricking with a needle to do it. Previous thread is viewtopic.php?f=28&t=49209

Adding #s from previous 24 hours also if it helps:

8/3-8/4
    1130pm 400 1/2 unit Lantus
    1206am 322
    100am 234
    147am 197
    450am 170
    821 am 233
    1050am 303
    1224pm 381 1/2 unit Lantus
    1257pm 422
    110pm 373
    240pm 312
    320pm 258
    430pm 202
    520pm 159
    600pm 182
    710pm 145
    800pm 182
    930pm 223
    1100pm 261
    1130pm 304

8/5
    1210am 330
    1230am 341 1/2 unit Lantus
    100am 319
    230am 273
    400am 182
    740am 83
    800am 90
    810am 109
    930am 169
    1100am 248
    1214pm 313
    1230 1/2 unit

Very tired.
    Any comments, advice etc appreciated thanks.

Ellen & Mama

2. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Hi again, you are doing great. a nadir of 90 is awesome so early in treatment. And I know @-) , we are all very tired around here.

Here is the link on how to set up a spreadsheet

Changing shot times can act like an increase or decrease in dose, shooting early = increase, shooting late = decrease, because of the carryover. This is what makes Lantus such a nice even, gentle insulin though. WE usually only change times by 15 minutes a cycle or 30 minutes a day. Sometime a shot needs to be skipped, say if a preshot is considered to low to shoot. You don't need to wait the whole 12 hour if that happens. You can reset the time to when you want to shoot next. Since you are just starting and Mama is doing so well, I'd take the slow transition approach. What time do you want to shoot? Others may have more ideas.

Yes we use lancets. Some of us do it free hand and others like to use the automatic device. I like the BD brand, they seem sharper and i can use a smaller gauge, 33. Others like a larger lancet, 28gauge. If you use the device, be sure to use the alternate site clear end, it will be much easier to see where you are poking.

3. Ellen & Mama

Ellen & Mama Member

I found the template in Google docs but it is saying it can't be copied, I am signed into Google so don't know why it isn't working?

Here is the message when I click "Use this Template"
    "We're sorry.
    We're sorry, your spreadsheet cannot be copied at this time.
    Find out more at the Google Docs Help Center."

Any other way to get this spreadsheet?? Or should I wade through Google Docs Help Center?!

4. Ann & Tess GA

Did you go directly to Google docs or through the link I gave you? I just tried and and didn't have a problem, but I stopped when i got to the renaming process. You may need to access through FDMB to use it.

5. Ann & Tess GA

Or maybe Google was too busy just then.

6. Ellen & Mama

Ellen & Mama Member

I went to the Google docs help and got the answer:
    "Try going into google docs and creating a document with "Create New" then choose "From Template". This fixed the error for me in Chrome and Firefox4."

It worked (I am using Chrome)

7. Ann & Tess GA

8. Ellen & Mama

Ellen & Mama Member

9. Ann & Tess GA

Very nice, I can see it. Most of us don't use the graphs, we are just so used to looking at the color changes. You could ask in the tech forum if you really want to do it.

OK, so next you need to create a signature. It will be at the bottom of every post. You can put in some basic infor about Mama and put a copy of the SS there. That way it will be visible in every post not just the last one.
    • --Click on the User Control Panel, it is on the left hand side under the FDMB logo in the second light blue bar
      --Click on the profile tab
      --Select edit signature
      --Click the URL button and then paste your SS Address there
      --At this point I want you to make one change to the SS address. Right about in the middle you will see ccc, change that to pub. It makes loading the page much quicker for others. Keep the ccc version bookmarked for yourself, because that's the one you use when you edit the SS. Make sense?
      -- you can add any other info you want as text as well. Take a look at the sigs of a few other members.

If you want to get fancy and put Mama's name on the link: type out the name, highlight it, click on the URL button, the name will be placed between the sets of brackets. Now backspace inside the last bracket of the first set, type =, then paste the SS address.
    [url=SS address]SS name[/url]

Lastly if you want to put a picture of Mama up as an avatar, you can add that in the user control panel too, select "edit avatar", and follow the steps to upload the phot. There is a size restriction of 90 x 90 pixels. You can go to http://www.shrinkpictures.com/ to easily upload and resize the pix. It's nice if you could put your general location in here too. It helps for quick time zone calculations.

I guess that's enough for now.

10. Ann & Tess GA

Another member just posted this on FD and CRF and i thought it would be of interest to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.