8/7 Cinnamon amps #111, +2 #110, +5 #125, +9 #128, UPDATE

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cinnamon Lover, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinnamon Lover

Cinnamon Lover Member

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    Reason for edit: Update
  2. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Surf safely today Cinnamon. :cat:

Cinnamon Lover likes this.
  3. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

That's quite an impressive AMPS after a skipped shot last night. I'd get a +1 & +2 to see what she might have planned today. Is she eating better?

4. Cinnamon Lover

Cinnamon Lover Member

Thank you!!! God is healing her :) :) :)
    yes she's eating normal now and she looks so much better xo
    I'm going to get a +1 and +2 :) :) :)

Doodles & Karen likes this.
  5. Doodles & Karen

Did you remove the Dry at her diagnosis? Sorry I haven't read through all your previous posts. She's responding very well and hope she kicks FD in the tushy.

6. Cinnamon Lover

Cinnamon Lover Member

Yes right when she was diagnosed I researched for hours and days because her first Dr. didn't tell me much of anything, I stopped the Friskies dry immediately, all 3 girls are still wondering what's up with that Lol ;)
    I've learned so much from research and especially from this group :) :) :)
    Cinny saw a new Dr. yesterday, and we're going to stay with him xo

7. Doodles & Karen

Great work making that transition from dry to wet! I'm hoping her time here in L&LL is short!

8. Doodles & Karen

Have you gotten any more tests in this morning?

9. Cinnamon Lover

Cinnamon Lover Member

yes I just updated title xo

10. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

She's got a pretty nice surf going on there!!

11. Cinnamon Lover

Cinnamon Lover Member

@Chris & China
    My meter kept wasting test strips because it kept throwing off error codes...I had to use the AlphaTrak 2 meter for her 8pm.....it was #251, so I gave her 2 units.

12. Chris & China (GA)

OK.....just one thing though....Lantus does best when it's given at the same dose every 12 hours, so you have to concentrate on how LOW the dose is taking Cinny and not look at the Pre-shots

With the 251 on the AT, that was probably a blue number on the human meter.....I would have suggested you only shoot the 1 unit again

PLEASE get at least a "before bed" test tonight....I'd prefer you start with a +2 in case she's going to drop too much

13. Chris & China (GA)

You also need to make a decision at some point on whether you're going to use the Tight Regulation Protocol or the Start Low, Go Slow method

It makes a difference on dosing advice we'd give you. TR is the only protocol that's been published in a veterinary journal so it has a lot of science behind it, but it requires you be able to test a little more often than SLGS. It also gives Cinny the best chance at remission. We've had cats go OTJ (Off The Juice) on SLGS, but it's much more common on TR because you adjust the dose more often in response to the numbers you're getting.

Some of the basic differences are:

TR...dose adjustments can be made as often as every 3 days (6 cycles)...this is most effective because if they're staying in numbers we don't like, we can increase more often
    SLGS...dose adjustments are made once a week....this can be hard on the caretaker IF the cat is "stuck" in high numbers very long

TR...reductions in dose are given if they drop below 50 on a human meter, 68 on a pet meter
    SLGS...reductions are given if they drop below 90 on either meter

TR...You'll want to get the 2 PS tests and at least one other test....preferably at least 2 other tests.....One somewhere between +4 and +7 on the AM cycle and a "before bed" test on the PM cycle...if you can only get 1, the "before bed" test is most important since most cats go lower at night
    SLGS...You still must get the 2 PS tests in, and then do a curve once a week (testing every 2 hours for 12 hours or every 3 hours for 18 hours)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.