8/8/13 Tootoo update

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tooloo, Aug 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tooloo

Tooloo Member

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=101810

Thanks Wendy and Deb for your input. I just updated his SS again.

My usual schedule is I'm gone Monday through Thursday from about 8:00 a.m. to about 7:00 p.m. (I give injections at 7:30 and 7:30.) I work at home Friday and some on weekend, but I'm mostly home then. The rest of this month is a little different. I'm off tomorrow, through the weekend and Monday. I'm gone next week Tuesday through Friday, then the next week I'm gone 5 days. So that week will be challenging.

I actually printed off the information from the links - the one published by the University of Queensland and the one written by Susan and Shadow. I studied them both a bit last night. I like the idea of running the tight protocol - thanks for your support on that Wendy - the main problem I'm having is when I'm gone, and his numbers have been low in the night and a.m., then I'm afraid to give a shot at all. So he's missing them here and there - not ideal with that protocol. This morning I considered giving a small dose - maybe .5 but decided against it - probably should have - it's highly unlikely he would have gone too low. He was up to 262 tonight (with no shot in 24 hours) and I gave him the 1.25 (that was before I read your response Deb - about lowering the dose). I think I will reduce to 1.0 in the morning depending on his numbers between now and them. (I'd like not to get up in the night tonight - getting a little TIRED...., but if his numbers drop again, I'm sure I will.) The next few days I'll be able to monitor him during the day since I'll be here most of the time.

After reading posts from other members, I feel so lucky that Tootoo is doing as well as he is....it's so hard to have your kitty not himself or herself...I really feel for these guys who are having more serious issues. Tootoo's behavior is very normal now - he's happy, playful and affectionate. You'd never know he was diabetic if you didn't look at his numbers. I'm counting my blessings, and I'm really hoping that other members' kitties recover nicely!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.