8/8 Advise on grinder for bones

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by skippy and birten, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skippy and birten

skippy and birten Member

Hi~ I have started making my own food for Skippy however, when I went to the vet and she asked me about whether I was using the bones for his calcium. I said that I was not including the bones and she said that is how they get their calcium and also recommended that I cook with the skin for the fat.

I need advise on where and what type of grinder and/or processor I get to grind the bones. Any suggestions.
    Thanks

2. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Hey Birten - Check out Dr. Lisa's web site. She has the recipe to use and she also provides info about the grinder to buy. I bought that grinder (althoug mine don't like homemade) and it works great. www.catinfo.org

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

If you do a search (upper right) for grinder you will find previous posts on this subject. Some use a Tasin 108 meat grinder, and another a attachment for the Kitchen Aide mixer. They also mention a grinder (not specified) recommended by Dr Lisa of catinfo.org. Her site my identify the grinder.

4. skippy and birten

skippy and birten Member

Thanks guys I will check out all the info and receipes.

5. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.