8/8 Cinnamon, TRP, amps #143, 1unit, +7 #104, pmps #171, 2units, +4 #107

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cinnamon Lover, Aug 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinnamon Lover

Cinnamon Lover Member

2. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Lantus craves consistency with dosing and should not be changed based on a preshot number. Did you shoot 2u last night or is that a typo? It's also good to get at least 1 test in before bed to help complete the puzzle.

3. Cinnamon Lover

Cinnamon Lover Member

I'm sorry if people think I'm doing this all wrong...
    I'm trying to keep my kittie daughter alive...I'm doing the best I can...
    I don't want to give her too much insulin when her numbers are good because I don't want to kill her :(

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

What we are suggesting is holding the 1 unit dose Debra, not increasing it

Lantus dosing is based on how LOW it takes the cat, not how high the Pre-shot numbers are

You hold the same dose for at least 6 cycles on TR and let the depot "settle" to see how well that dose is really going to work for Cinny.

Since you gave 2 units again tonight, please get a +2 tonight....If that +2 is lower than the 171, you will need to plan on getting another test in later in the cycle

Our number one rule here is to keep kitty safe....We'd never suggest doing anything that might endanger your dear Cinnamon

Cinnamon Lover likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

The thing is you need to give the same dose every 12 hours. There is a huge difference between 1 and 2 units. I sometimes increase and decrease by 1/8 a unit. You won't kill her. If you give 1 unit a chance to see what it will do.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  6. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Debra, you really do need to try to get some tests in at night, especially since you are shooting 2 units instead of 1. You say you want to keep Cinnamon safe, but in order to do that you need to know how low she's going. Please gets some tests at night.

7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad....something that used to get said a lot more around here is "It's like trying to learn a college level course in biology, pharmacology and endocrinology all in 3 days or less"

It takes awhile for ANYONE to learn all there is to know, and once you think you know most of what you need to know, something new comes up and you have to throw what you knew out the window and start over....the fact we're dealing with cats, one of the most frustrating of creatures ever conceived doesn't help either. You just think they've developed some kind of pattern and they change the rules!!

I know it takes a giant leap of faith to listen to a bunch of crazy cat ladies on the internet, especially when it comes to your precious furchild, but we really do only want the best for her.

There's so much dedication on this board.....As you look around, you'll see a lot of people with (GA) in their names....these are people who's sugarcats have "gone ahead" to be a "guardian angel".....yet the people continue to come to the message board to help a total stranger with their cat.

Nobody here ever wants to be responsible for hurting someone else's cat. We couldn't live with ourselves, so keeping each cat safe first is the number one rule

Insulin is a VERY powerful hormone. I know it doesn't seem like there's a big difference between 1 unit and 2, but it's not the same as taking 2 aspirin instead of 1 when you have a bad headache. Even one drop too much can cost a cat it's life.

We do increases in .25 unit increments....not only is that the best way to keep Cinny safe, it's also the best way to "dial in" to what could be a perfect dose for her.

She really is doing well, especially for this early in the dance. You should look at some other cats that are newer like Cinny....Her numbers are GREAT compared to most!! This is good news for her!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.