8/8 Gussie PMPS 118 skip shot, +3 201! Yikes!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gussie's mom (GA), Aug 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

I'm going to place a bet that Gus's PMPS will be lower than his +10. Any takers??

If it were one of my kittys after all the HC and syrup I would be seeing numbers around 421!!

Gussie's mom (GA) likes this.
  2. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm not betting against that notion! I'm guessing you will be right! :bighug:
    No clue how he is doing this.....

3. Gussie's mom (GA)

These numbers are after a BCS and a large dose reduction....is this all depot or does he truly want off insulin that badly?

Tuxedo Mom likes this.
  4. Tuxedo Mom

I would vote that Gus is trying to get off the juice. There may be some carry over from previous larger doses, but that isn't a good enough explaination for what Gus has been doing. IMHO

ETA Look at all the light greens that started showing up at the end of July...and he has just kept right on going with them in spite of HC and syrup and with very little if any bouncing

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It looks like he wants off the juice to me. I still think you should skip the shot tonight.

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

You poor thing! I can't believe you skipped last night's dose and reduced today and he is still diving. I like the idea of no shots while you are gone. This boy is on a crazy mission I'm with Mary Ann, bet he will be lower at PM than at +10 :eek:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  7. Gussie's mom (GA)

I think so too.if I understand what has been happening it seems like the propping him up all of these cycles has enabled his pancreas to kick back into gear. But at this point he is needing far less insulin than we have bern able to get down to in the number of days he's been dropping. Right?

8. Tuxedo Mom

I also agree with Carla. His PMPS will probably be in a high normal range to begin with and after all the work you had to do to keep the numbers up. A skipped shot will drain the depot and then you can see what Gus has in mind. You don;t have a lot of time to decide on the vacation dose, so best to see what Gus's little body can do on its own for the night. And the big plus is that you will finally be able to get a decent sleep.

9. Gussie's mom (GA)

Not quite, last nite was the .5 unit reduction start, BCS day before yesterday..hasn't made deny difference, he still dives by +2!

10. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thanks, fingers crossed he does give us a restful nite, he's been known not yo on a skipped shot!

11. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thanks for all the explaining I'm so tired I'm not always sure I'm getting things right.

Tuxedo Mom likes this.
  12. Tuxedo Mom

With the amount of sleep you have had the last number of days I am amazed that you are still conscious :eek:

:bighug: :bighug:

13. Gussie's mom (GA)

Haha not truly sure I am!;):bighug:

Tuxedo Mom likes this.
  14. Gussie's mom (GA)

Might be good to not have to give him honey for a bit, seems it's finally hit his GI tract, needless to say he won't need miralax tomorrow...;)

jayla-n-Drevon and Tuxedo Mom like this.
  15. Bobbie And Bubba

I see now, it looks like you shot 0 but the 0 got separated from the 2. on the line above. You must be exhausted!

16. Tuxedo Mom

Another good reason to skip tonight. Gus must have gone through close to a whole container of honey the last few days. He needs to get his system back to normal.

17. Gussie's mom (GA)

Between that and the Karo it's probably a fairly good guesstimate! :woot:

18. Tuxedo Mom

Osha likes this.
  19. Gussie's mom (GA)

Good news is I can tell the pet sitters he for sure is not constipated!:) They worry if he doesn't poop....even tho he normally only eats raw so that's not a daily occurrence. ;)

Tuxedo Mom likes this.
  20. Gussie's mom (GA)

We started out together with similar experiences. She had the depot get ahead of her a bit ago, scared me watching her try to bounce back from that. We joke that they play dangerously together in the shark tank! I'm guessing she will be OTJ soon. Her mama bean Is amazing!

Osha and Tuxedo Mom like this.
  21. Gussie's mom (GA)

Osha and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  22. Gussie's mom (GA)

Somebody's gonna win that bet...
    +11 112

Bobbie And Bubba and Tuxedo Mom like this.
  23. Tuxedo Mom

The only difference is that Osha has a few temporary bounces with the lows...other than that they are both racing down the dosing scale at full speed.

24. Tuxedo Mom

:D :D

25. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I'd definitely skip tonight. You won't need to test except for maybe before bed and his poor ears will get a much needed break.

26. Bobbie And Bubba

I would be skipping for sure to give both of you a break.

27. Tuxedo Mom

The skip tonight is a unanimous choice for many many reasons. Whether you dose tomorrow and what dose will be the next question.

28. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Yep. Osha and Gussie are good friends! :cat: They aren't very good at surfing and are easily distracted by the sharks! :eek:

We both starting shooting lower numbers together and the kitties have been racing down the scale. I don't think either of us have really slept in a couple of weeks. :coffee:

Leslie and I are both teachers too. :)

29. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thank you, I'm sure we will both appreciate that! I think if that's so I will actually grant myself a glass of wine!

tiffmaxee likes this.
  30. Tuxedo Mom

Well both of you have had some trying times the last while. Good thing you are both teachers so that you are on summer schedules while your two kitties attempt to drive their beans crazy and make them experiments in sleep deprivation ;)

31. Gussie's mom (GA)

Agree with Osha! They are not good at playing safely! Haha love how you put that! You must be exhausted too my friend! :bighug: So glad OSHA is doing so well! Looks like she may make the finish line before you go back to school! Yay!!:bighug:

Osha and Tuxedo Mom like this.
  32. Tuxedo Mom

Leslie after everything you have been through recently you deserve chocolate, ice cream and champagne

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

33. Gussie's mom (GA)

yum!! Looks yummy!!

34. Tuxedo Mom

Well since Gus has had his share of sugar treats it is only fair that you should too ;)

35. Gussie's mom (GA)

Hahah! I never thought of it that way! Excellent!:bighug::)

Tuxedo Mom likes this.
  36. Gussie's mom (GA)

Ok you all have just shy of a half hour yo place your bets! ;)

Tuxedo Mom likes this.
  37. Gussie's mom (GA)

Will that be a discussion for later tonite or early tomorrow?

38. Tuxedo Mom

That is going to be a tomorrow decision. So if you can test about 1/2 hour before the normal AM shot time we can all discuss the pros and cons. A lot of this will depend on what Gus decides to do and that could be darn near anything.

39. Gussie's mom (GA)

Haha, that makes sense! I will set the alarm for 6:30 am Ca time ( just under 12 hrs from now) and will post. The timing if we are going to skip while the pet sitter is here is not as critical to give his shot. I can work around whatever it is after we discuss options. I'm working off their 6:30-7:00 time availability right now which is why I'm shooting at 7:00 ish.
    Will post up his numbers in about 10 min, then you can see who won the bet!:bighug:

40. Tuxedo Mom

If you do decide to give shot tomorrow you can pick any time you want since you are skipping the shot tonight. What ends up happening will all depend on what Gus decides to do. and what you are going to be comfortable with. After a good night's sleep you will have a fresh look at the whole picture.

I'm pretty confident that I won the bet. :D

41. Gussie's mom (GA)

I think he decided to race down the scale because I just had a big order of supplies delivered....;)

Red & Rover (GA) and Tuxedo Mom like this.
  42. Gussie's mom (GA)

:):):joyful:
    Looking forward to the conversation! :bighug::bighug:

Tuxedo Mom likes this.
  43. Gussie's mom (GA)

You win! pMPS 118 and that's after he struggled around using the litter box down the hall.

44. Tuxedo Mom

YAHOO!! I was right!! [​IMG]

Which just makes you wonder exactly what Gus has planned. He brought himself down from 145 at +8 to 118 at PMBG. I'll start another wager that Gus is lower for his AMBG than he is now. What the hey!! I'm on a roll :rolleyes:

45. Gussie's mom (GA)

Will put up a couple of numbers tonite. Will be fingers crossed signing out early for some actual sleep! Surf safely kittez! :bighug::cat:
    And before I forget, thank you everybody sharing this ride with Gus and I. We are SO fortunate to have your support and expertise. I shudder to think how he would be doing had I not found you all.:bighug::bighug::bighug::cat:
    Civvies think so too since they've loved the extra surf snacks too! :cat::cat:

46. Gussie's mom (GA)

Given his track record I'll bet you are right and I'll bet he is surfing the lagoon by +2 or 3! :bighug:;):coffee::coffee:

47. Tuxedo Mom

Are you still going to test more tonight??

You should get to bed and get a good night's sleep.

[​IMG]

48. Gussie's mom (GA)

Had contemplated it..empty cells on the spreadsheet!!:eek::eek::nailbiting::nailbiting: The horror of the thought! ;) I'll be hearing "more data" in my dreams! :bighug::bighug:;)

Tuxedo Mom likes this.
  49. Gussie's mom (GA)

If I do, will not post them in the thread unless he does something really out of realm. Will just update SS and the thread title. :bighug:

Tuxedo Mom likes this.
  50. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

After your last test of the night, it would be a good time to put neosporin on the ears. Help them heal.

Gussie's mom (GA) and Tuxedo Mom like this.
  51. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thanks will def do that! Poor bedraggled ears....:(:(I may never pierce mine again....
    If I had any doubts a break for him was the right course of action they were just dispelled...hr just threw up his entire dinner in a most spectacular fashion..and he's not a puker.....:( Do kitties have gall bladders?

52. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

With everything you've been through lately, I'd suggest making it a whole bottle!!!

53. Gussie's mom (GA)

Guilty as charged! :)Sorry about that!:bighug:

54. Tuxedo Mom

I see Gus has finally decided to do the bounce everyone was expecting. Obviously this is not unusual but it certainly throws a wrench into what direction to take. Let's see what he comes up with for his AMBG. You may have to make a decision on trying the 1.0 unit as a vacation dose, but with a bounce it is hard to say how accurate the results will be today. I'll be checking back, as I'm sure others will when it gets closer to shot time.

I hope you were finally able to catch up on some of your lost sleep.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  55. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I'm still wouldn't do a 1.0 vacation dose as seen if the bounce continues we don't know when it will end. I might give .5 this morning depending on where he is at amps and consider that as a vacation dose if he is really high.

56. Gussie's mom (GA)

Hi he's up at 194 and having trouble w neuropathy again here at AMPS. Will start a today thread now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.