87 at shot time!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Susan and Timmy, Mar 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susan and Timmy

Susan and Timmy Member

My other thread was 2 pages so I thought I would start a new one. I'm not sure how to link them.

So it is shot time again and Timmy is at 87. I stalled for two and a half hours last night to get him to a shootable number so I wouldn't have to skip. I moved his shot time up 30 minutes this morning with the hope of moving up another 30 minutes tonight and then so on until we were back to his 7 o'clock shot time. Nope. That's not happening...

I'm not sure what to do now. Help!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Wow! Go Timmy! Well you've got options. You can stall...and maybe set a limit like only 30 min to see if he comes up. I think its unlikely though...or you could skip. I know that sucks now that you have momentum but it happens.

You could also try the feed test in 45 min and shoot a reduced dose that Kris mentioned.

Susan and Timmy likes this.
  3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

If this was Teasel, I’d feed him, wait 30-45 minutes, retest and give a lower dose. How low would depend on the test number but it might be 50% of the normal dose.

This isn’t an “official” technique but it got me through a few jams like this without resorting to a skip.

Rachel and Susan and Timmy like this.
  4. Susan and Timmy

Susan and Timmy Member

Okay. I don't want to skip, but at this rate I am not going to be able to get him back on any schedule. I would like to try the feed and wait 30 to 45 minutes and then shoot based on the number, but won't that give me a propped up number to shoot from? Sorry if that sounds stupid, but these low numbers at shot time are new territory for me.

5. Kris & Teasel

Yes, but the previous dose will be wearing off and the new one will be significantly less so it should get him through this safely. Test at +2 to be sure.

6. Susan and Timmy

Susan and Timmy Member

I'm feeding him now and will wait the 45 minutes. :)

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  7. Kris & Teasel

Every curve ball they throw us makes us try something new and you end up with another tool for your FD tool box. :)

8. Susan and Timmy

Susan and Timmy Member

He is now 115 after eating. I'll stall a big longer.

9. Kris & Teasel

You could just skip this shot and get back to your normal schedule tomorrow. I don’t think it’ll be a major setback.

shelaghc and Susan and Timmy like this.
  10. Susan and Timmy

Susan and Timmy Member

I was kind of thinking the same thing. I will skip tonight. Fingers crossed for no set back. Thank you!:)

11. shelaghc

shelaghc Well-Known Member

When he's that low, let your kitty enjoy not being a pincushion for the morning. *g*

EDIT:
    Whoops! I didn't realize this thread was from Saturday.

D'oh!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  12. Kris & Teasel

I see that Timmy got past the no shot. Keep on truckin'! :smuggrin:

13. Kris & Teasel

Just checking in on Timmy. I see that green from last night. :) How is he feeling? You?

14. Susan and Timmy

Susan and Timmy Member

We are doing well, Kris. Thank you for checking on us.

I reduced Timmy's dose to 2.4 units twice a day. I was stalling at every shot time and having to change the dose a lot. So I am trying to even things out. Too much moving makes him not feel his best. His pmps has me scratching my head though. April 4 was pretty much an identical day to yesterday, so with his pmps being the same as the 4th, I gave the same dose. He dropped way too fast and I struggled to steer how fast he was dropping. Thoughts on this, please. Shook my confidence a little last night. :nailbiting:

Good news! The litter box issue has resolved. Although this required a change of two litter box locations and going back to Aldi litter. About 3 months ago I had switched one litter box, the one closest to the living room, to Arm and Hammer Slide, which was absolutely great as far as clean up. This change didn't seem to bother either kitty until about a month ago when Timmy started going about five feet from it. So I changed back to the cheap litter and no more accidents. Kitties are so very complicated. :cat:

Magic Johnson likes this.
  15. Kris & Teasel

How are you and Timmy doing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.