9/1 Binks-Methyl b12 questions

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by mybuddybinks, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

hello, all: binks is seeming to do much better now that he is on lantus and a good LC diet...we are feeding small meals early in the cycle, and he seems to be responding. His progress has been won with the help, advice and support from the forum.

We are going back to the vet whom he hasnt seen since July on monday, and he has a pretty heavy case of wonky-leggedness (neuropathy)

the vet is very positive about the FDMB site, and knowledgeable about diabetes, but i like to research beforehand, and now that we are able, im anxious to get him all the help i can.

so: anyone with experience with methyl B12 who is willing to share your thoughts and knowledge with a newbie...please weigh in!!

I've been doing a lot of reading, but would appreciate any links you feel are appropriate, and have found that the best info comes from people who have the experience first-hand.

Thanks in advance-

Celi & Binks

2. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

3. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Great stuff, but make sure you get the right kind. There are several B12's out there, you need the methylcobalamin form. There are a few brands, we use the xobaline from vitaminlife.com.

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

It does work. But the process is slow so patience is key here. I got mine from vitacost.com.it is nsi brand. Will provide link when I get to work.

I chose this one because it doe not contain any sugar or flavor comes in capsule form and is 5mg so makes it easy to open and mix with wet food. I used one capsule per day and didn't worry if not all was eaten as recommended dose is 3-5 mg day.

5. mybuddybinks

wow, thanks guys! hits the rounds yesterday looking at local stores, but this morning decided to get it ordered & shipped. binks has the patience of a saint, tho catly instinct tells him not to ALWAYS act like one, and I take my lead from him...so we'll get started on it and hang in there hoping for results. He's already improving since we found DCIN & FDMB to get us on the right track...

appreciate the advice

Celi & Binks

6. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

7. mybuddybinks

thanks, hillary!

binks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.