9/10 Tomcat AMPS 82 PMPS 98, +2=68, +4=45

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tomtom13, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomtom13

tomtom13 Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=103725

Evening all

Well it took 20 long cycles for Tom to earn a reduction! That is the longest it has taken him since sliding down the reduction ladder. I was just starting to think we were going to be at this dose for EVER!!! I feel pretty good about it as he has had a lot to eat tonight....

He was so happy for me to crack open his favorite Newman's Own (10%) he cried.....I think he just forced himself down to a 45 to get a little sugar.....

We are just a few days shy of being on Lantus for 4 months now.....and a few weeks shy of being on all insulins (prior Hum. N) for 6 months....so this was welcomed!!

Some random thought for anyone looking for help in the hairball department: coconut oil has worked wonders for Tom! not only does he actually like it........but the hairballs and puke have been dramatically cut back. phew......HOWEVER...with that comes the hair within his stools........so his constipation issue is still a go! darn it.

I have tried squash and pumpkin NO WAY!!!.....the 1/3 re-new 2X day does not help either......I have just started the miralax.....hopefully that will help the dude out....at least he eats it without protest...so far.

I think that is all you care to know about Tom tonight. ha

Oh and I might add: Tom is a perfect gentleman.......unlike Bob! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Best post EVER DARA.

safe numbers to you all

and thanks Kat for checking in...........always means so much

~kelly

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Kelly, good to see you and Tomcat up to his old tricks. Congrats on the reduction. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: For a while there I thought he might be angling for the one week in normal numbers method of earning a deduction. Maybe next time.

Coconut oil has done wonders for Neko too. She's on a raw diet so the poops are naturally less frequent (less waste), but I sure appreciate fewer hairballs!

I was amused to see how many views Dara's post got. One of the most watched yesterday. :lol: Good to hear you've got a gentleman there.

3. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

That was awfully fun yesterday! :lol:

Such a nice :mrgreen: :mrgreen: day!

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Kelly --

A probiotic will not help with constipation. It's used for loose stools/diarrhea. ReNew is a particularly potent probiotic. Some cats can become constipated from a probiotic.

5. tomtom13

tomtom13 Member

Thanks for that info Sienne.....I didn't realize that.

I have him on the ReNew just to help during his antibiotic (liquid Orbax) treatment (UTI)......I was just hopeful that it would help the constipation....but now I know....NOPE.

I will for sure stop the Renew a few days after his last treatment......

thanks again...

~kelly

6. Amy & Papaya (GA)

Amy & Papaya (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Kelly! It's nice to see a Tomcat post! I was just checking out his spreadsheet today and it sure looks great. In fact I was talking about you today too ;-) - a newer member was worried she was asking too many questions so I told her how much I learned from reading all the information that amassed in your condos when you were figuring out all those low numbers for Tomcat. See, now I've learned something else - coconut oil for hairballs! Great to "see" you guys again . . . take care!

7. BorisV

BorisV Member

Kelly & Tom, SO SO SO proud! Would you ever have believed on July 17th you'd now be down to 1U!!! I say this because on July 17th he was at 4.5 U ....... that is less that 2 months - now, I KNOW it feels like a lifetime to you but in 55 days he's dropped 3 1/2 units and seems to be headed to, well, you know where (anti jinx)

As his Aunt & Godmother :lol: I want to be part of planning that party! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And I know a special little wings_cat is watching over him.

GO TOM! :thumbup

Bern

8. MelissaEbby

MelissaEbby Member

Hi Kelly, I don't think I've stopped in before. Tom's beautiful numbers caught my eye! I see you are from Omaha too! Hope you and Tom have a great day.

9. Tigger's Friend

Tigger's Friend Well-Known Member

Hi Kelly,

I wouldn't complain too much about the time it took for a reduction - Tomtom's SS looks really good! Congratulations on both - the SS & the reduction!

How much coconut oil do you give & how often? Marje uses it too & really likes it. I read some bad things about it so I held off, but everyone here that uses it swears by it & it can't be any worse than - gag - vasoline (petroleum)!

I just ordered Egg yolk lecethin capsules which is supposed to actually help dissolve the hair - so not as much comes out the back end, I hope! The only negative to this is that too much 'may' cause diarrhea - but for a constipated cat, that would be helpful (Tigger doesn't have that problem, tho')

Thanks for the input!

10. TheBowHuntress

TheBowHuntress Well-Known Member

Kelly--have you tried Miralax?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.