? 9/12 Tigger PMBG 69, after 30 min stall +80

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Moms2Tigger&Blu, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

I can stall another 30 min and still be on ok track tomorrow am but . . . what's the no shoot number here? I've never shot under 100, can't test mid day tomorrow, and to be honest, am wiped from a crazy day today. I don't know about a repeat of the other night with 6 alarms set lol.

2. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

It really depends on your comfort level and ability to monitor.... I'm not experienced so can't say what you should do, but it seems like a quiet night on the board and I know it's scary facing a low PS like this.

Your options are basically to skip, shoot a reduced or token dose, or shoot the full dose.

Do you have an inclination either way?

3. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

we're gonna skip. he got 79 after 1 hour stall and I'm beat already, wouldn't feel safe tonight or confident in my ability to keep waking up!

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Good call if you don't think you can monitor.

I'd encourage you to start thinking about what the number is where you'd be comfortable shooting. You've been at this for long enough that. you're not brand new at managing Tigger's FD. You want to progressively lower your "no shoot" number. The basic mantra with Lantus is "shoot low to stay low" but you need to work your way down to shooting low.

5. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

I feel like if it kept happening I would get a better idea of how things COULD go, but it happens so infrequently it's hard. I shot the 109/116 the other night but the circumstances were different. I'm thinking right now under 100 is absolutely a no. 100-150 if I can monitor then yes. If these numbers were to stick around and become more commonplace I'd have to rethink things! But it also depends on the king and his appetite. Sometimes when the season is changing like this he goes into extreme sleep and snuggle mode. He will stay in bed with anyone, even house guests, rather than eat!