9/13 Question about Adequan

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Sep 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Ravan had his 6 initial shots of Adequan. I was reading that once that's done it's not necessary to give Adequan each month. I called the company & they told me when it's given to a horse they do not advise any further injections of Adequan.
    They said no studies indicated it would be beneficial to give monthly injections, after the first set of injections.

Also that the Vets are giving it to cats at their own discretion, with no studies on cats or the correct dosing.

I'm not sure if there is much improvement. Ravan still limps occasionally. Not as much but sometimes.

I do not like using Pharmaceuticals on my Kitty unless absolutely necessary. Has anyone asked their vet why monthly injections are advised? ( it's also a financial problem for me)

2. JeanW

JeanW Member

Sorry, I don't know anything about this but hopefully someone else here will. I also don't like to use drugs for my kitty unless absolutely necessary.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.