9/14 Nelli PMPS 257 +2.5 255

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Krystina & Nelli, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

2. Krystina & Nelli

Serious problem, need advice!
    I have ReliOn meter which I always use.
    I have a Contour next EZ back up which I have used maybe once or twice. I am running low on relion strips so at +3 today I used the Contour. I thought the number was a bit high but didn’t pay much attention to that. I did +5 and was not confident of the number being correct at all- definitely high. Immediately after using Contour I tested with ReliOn... you will see the two different +5 numbers in thread title.
    I am very concerned about this. Aren’t they both human meters? Do I just not know that the different brands will read this far apart, normally?
    Thanks in advance for your time and wisdom :)!:bighug:!!

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

If you take a plus 20% of 211 that would be 253 and a minus 20% of 284 is 228 there is still a 26 point difference. I would hope that it would be closer if the numbers are lower, that is when it is really important. Comparing two meters can make you crazy. Decide which one you want to use all the time and stick with it. Other wise, it can make you nutty.

4. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Just so you know, I have often tested the same drop of blood with the same meter and gotten two numbers 30 or 40 points apart - or more. Unfortunately, this isn't exact. Now you know your Contour tends to read slightly higher, so just keep that in mind until you have more strips for your ReliOn.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  5. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks Bobbie. Needless to say... I freaked out :-\
    Let me ask you this, I would like to switch over to the contour after out of ReliOn- I have about 150 test strips of Contour. I am not completely out of the relion strips but when I do run out if I switch will that be a problem in readings for Nelli and I? I believe you know how desperately I want to get down into blues and greens consistently,- using a meter which bums up the #s will only slow the end goal result?

6. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks Tricia. I appreciate your shout out, and Nelli does too :cat:;)!

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Today was fairly flat, except for the 284 you got with the other meter. Since he gave you that 78 last night, today could be a bounce. So, let it settle, ( it can take 6 cycle or 3 days to clear) and you will hold the dose for now. Since that was his first green, you might want to give it 8 cycles.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Be sure you check the sample size....When I had a Contour, it required more blood unless they’ve redesigned it.

It won’t be a problem. The ReliOns can read a bit lower. However, it’s not going to make a significant difference in her dosing. As was said, comparing meters can make you crazy so decide which one you like best, get two of them so you have a backup and you aren’t buying two different kinds of strips, and don’t worry. Even my two ReliOn Micros could read different on the same drop of blood, as Tricia said.

9. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks Marje...
    It never occurred to me to get the same brand as a back up :-(. I’d rather stay with the relion if for no other reason it reads lower than the contour :)!
    You are correct, which I didn’t realize either when I got the Contour, it does take a larger blood sample.
    I have 150 of the contour strips.
    Soooo, it probably wouldn’t be a good idea to go through the Contours then switch back to ReliOn it sounds like :-|

Marje and Gracie likes this.