9/19 Tomcat PMPS 79, +1.5=77, +3.5=81

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tomtom13, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomtom13

tomtom13 Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=104743

evening everyone!

Well what we have here is a flat green cycle......I like it...I really really like it! I don't have anything to talk about...other than it is sure getting harder and harder to fool Tom into eating his food when I have every supplement in the world mixed within!!

Getting frustrated! and so is he!!

The Zobaline is actually easy to sneak ....i cut it into 1/4th....and then I just make my own pill pocket from chicken/beef/or fish I have ....takes quite a few and half the time the meat is gone and the little zobaline piece is still laying on the floor....the more and more i finger it and the more and more he spits it out..the pinker it becomes!!

The Uromaxx (cranberry liquid and extras).....is a NO-GO!! that is impossible.....i can't blame him....it is pretty stout and thick.....i should just throw in the towel right now and toss it! i have thought about syringing it ....but it is such a sad pathetic sight when he sees that syringe coming his way....so i hate to do it unless i HAVE TO.

and lastly, he hates Cosequin ...so i bought some Dasuquin .......and guess what? he hates that too! go figure. i originally put the entire caplet in one meal which he would only lick and walk away.....so now i am just sprinkling a little in each meal throughout the day.....i hope it will still be effective that way?

Do you all have the same frustrations? Don't our kitties realize we are just trying to make them feel oh so much better????

Safe night to us all

~kelly

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Are you using the Cosequin sprinkle caps? I break it open and add the powder to food. It's supposed to be chicken and tuna flavored. I've seen some people use a special treat like all meat baby food (no onions or garlic) and mix meds in with that. Have you tried real pill pockets? The dog version of the allergy duck and pea are diabetic friendly. I'm using half of one of those now for a capsule for my civvie. The Cranimals I'm also using for him is a powder so just gets mixed into his meat soup main meal. My vet at one point said I could just use regular cranberry capsules broken open. I think Ann (&Tess) found a cranberry treat that Tess really likes so maybe you could PM her about that.

Nice :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Tomcat!! Great to see him back to flat greens again.

3. Amy & Papaya (GA)

Amy & Papaya (GA) Well-Known Member

Ooooh, flat green. How I wish to someday only see ONE colour in a cycle :lol:

I've been pretty fortunate with Papaya and the methyl-B12. I break the tablets up into her wet food and she just eats it all without batting an eye at the bits of pill. There was something in the past I had to give her where I think she was able to eat everything around the pill and spit it back out or whatever, so I was pleasantly surprised when she didn't mind the B12. It does dissolve very pink-ly, doesn't it? You'll just have to explain to Tom how much better he will feel if he eats all these goodies . . . although I'm pretty sure that didn't make my brother and I any happier about taking slippery elm bark or some weird thing Mom decided everyone should take at some point . . . so maybe logic is not the answer, how about bribes? :lol:

Have a super evening, Kelly, and enjoy the :mrgreen:

4. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Lovely numbers! See what just a bit of an increase can do? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Gracie gets a lot of supplements, too, but she loves hers. I was just going to suggest you syringe but then read he doesn't like it.

I don't have any suggestions on giving him the supplements...I'm sorry.

5. BorisV

BorisV Member

Gees, Kelly - wouldn't it be great if cat's liked peanut butter like dogs do! Mikko will take ANYTHING in PB! We need to make a "fish paste" the consistency of PB but - being that cat's are just too clever - you'd probably still see the pill on the floor! They have an amazing ability to eat "around" things! Even with their head stuffed in a bowl, they still know what's in there!

Now tips / advice / ideas here - sorry!

But, WOW, Tom looks good! Really :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

B

6. Lkldcatlady

Lkldcatlady Well-Known Member

Hi Kelly! You are so funny! Loving Tom's green and hoping you can get the supplements into him somehow. Why are you giving them to him? Is he having a problem or is it just preventative measures??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.