? 9/20 Tigger AMPS 340, +5 105, +6 89, +7 65 . . .

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Moms2Tigger&Blu, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

What is this cat doing? He is flying down the dosing scale but still bouncing like crazy and not having any 2 cycles look the same. He has been all 7 colors in the past 7 days. And he has had 3 decreases counting tonight's anticipated drop to 0.25u! Is my girlfriend overdosing? She has done the last 2 am's. . . Is this something anyone has seen before?

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Fill a syringe with coloured water that both of you can refer to in giving and maintaining a consistent dose. Some people use calipers.

rainbowcat.jpg

AmandaE likes this.
  3. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Mowgli pulls these kinds of stunts from time to time, I would say you can chalk it up to classic bouncing!

I personally don't know how to do it properly, but some people play around with when they give certain foods to try and 'steer the curve'. For example feeding a higher % carb LC food earlier in the cycle in hopes to prevent a quick and hard drop and then a lower % carbs LC food for later in the day to prevent an abrupt stop to the insulin action. Maybe something you could ask about sometime if you're interested :)

4. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

we've sorta tried that but Tig has CKD now and can't eat too many different things unfortunately - and hes a right picky bastard anyway lol