9/20 Tucker12 AM stalled 30 min shot @140, +1 124, +2 61, +2.5 47, +3 81, +3.5 70, +4 63, +5 70

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tucker12, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

Yesterday

Got him all set up in his own room for the day so no door dashing! I am a little worried about being 61 @ +2 so am going to test at 2.5 just to see where he is at. He was only at ~90 this am (confirmed with 2 tests-both within 10points) but came up after 30 mins and 1/4 can of LC food. Not sure what he is thinking today but we were doing an hourly curve anyway.

Have a good day everyone :cat:

2. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

It looks like Tucker is already working for a decrease! I'm glad you'll be monitoring a lot today!

3. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

+2.5 47. Feeding a bit of 10% canned and retest in 30

4. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

5. Red & Rover (GA)

A bit of housekeeping. Since there are two Tuckers who have gone low in the past few hours, to prevent confusion can you change the title of your thread to read Tucker12?
    I'll be watching for your next test.

6. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

+3 81. Came up nicely. Will retest in 30 mins again. No food given except for two pure bites of chicken.

7. Red & Rover (GA)

Great. You are doing fantastic.
    Make a note of what you fed and when so you can reference it in the future.

8. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

Small drop to 70@3.5 still didn’t give any food. Is that right to see how he coasts or drops? Will retest in 30 again since he went down.

9. Red & Rover (GA)

That's the carbs wearing off.

Being a recent diabetic, technically Tucker has earned a dose reduction with the 47.
    It's still early in the cycle. Now it is a balancing act. You want to keep him surfing the healing greens for as long as possible, but you also want to keep him hungry in case you need to carb him up.

Test in 20 minutes instead of 30 to see which way he's headed. Then since he's already earned the reduction, I would encourage the surf by feeding small amounts of LC. Do not overfeed in case carbing him up is needed.

Tucker12 likes this.
  10. Red & Rover (GA)

The Snowbirds keep flying in formation over my house. Vroom! It's a big distraction.

11. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

I love watching the snowbirds! So amazing the formations they make.
    Tucker was 63@4. He was due for his lunch so he got 1/4 can of LC Friskies. Will retest now in an hour.

12. Red & Rover (GA)

So now you know that the 10% was not enough to hold him up for long. This is good information to have.

If Tucker drops well below 50 in the future, you should try a bit of MC or HC depending how far below 50 he is. Today was only marginally below 50.

I just wish the sky wasn't so cloudy today. And we have a lot of big trees creating a canopy. They flew in yesterday, doing a big X across the city for an airshow on Saturday and Sunday. I might try to find a hill tomorrow so I can watch from a distance. Too loud at the airport for us.

13. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

+5 @ 70. Giving just a snack (1/8 can) of LC Friskies. I have to head into the city which is about 4 hours away, but he is being checked hourly by his other caregiver. They aren't on the forum here, but will be texting me his numbers and calling if they have concerns. I will update all data in spreadsheet tonight if I have a chance.
    Thanks for everyone's advice and help today!

14. Red & Rover (GA)

Safe driving.

Do post for advice regarding a reduction in dosage.

15. Red & Rover (GA)

That city is a long way away.