9/21 Wiley AMPS 97 (+23)- Vet Appt this AM

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by WileyWonderCat, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WileyWonderCat

WileyWonderCat Member

2. WileyWonderCat

WileyWonderCat Member

Bump. Suggestions appreciated!

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Can you take your test kit and food with you and have a place to monitor while you are waiting? If that seems a bit much, or it's a long drive or the waiting room will be too busy, I would skip.

4. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

I can't give dosing advice.
    I always liked to initially test the same drop of blood on my machine at the vets (vets willing). That way, you know for certain what the difference is between your metre and theirs, and can then quote the difference each vet visit. My vet used a human glucometre. Not that it would be an accurate reading because of the possible stress and different metre. Later, when the vet would want to take Rover back, I'd whip out my glucometre and do a test right there in front of her. Argument was that vet's test did nothing because EGID (each glucometre is different) and it would be better to test using mine since I had all the data. Saved myself a few dollars as well.

Gussie's mom (GA) likes this.
  5. WileyWonderCat

WileyWonderCat Member

Thanks. Decided not to shoot and off to vet now. I am taking the test kit with me anyway.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good plan. You can always shoot earlier tonight if his numbers skyrocket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.