9/22 Missy AMPS 125, +4 83, PMPS 132, +4 96

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Priya&Missy, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Priya&Missy

Priya&Missy Member

good morning
    I have to leave for work in an hour and I’m almost certain missy will go hypo if I shoot her regular dose right now. What should I do?

Right now I’m planning on stalling for 30 minutes

2. Priya&Missy

Priya&Missy Member

Hah she shot up to 204! False alarm. I gave 0.5 and fed her. I think she’ll be just fine

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Missy came up so you could shoot. She's probably bouncing from last night's greens.

Priya&Missy likes this.
  4. Priya&Missy

Priya&Missy Member

You’re probably right. I’m just glad her bouncing seems less extreme than before! She seems to recover quicker and not go into the 300s as much.

5. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Good job stalling! Hope you and Missy had a good day :)

Priya&Missy likes this.
  6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Hope you had a good day at work...and that Missy surfed safely today.

Priya&Missy likes this.
  7. Priya&Missy

Priya&Missy Member

Thank you! My partner came over to check on her while I was at work and her +4.5 was 83 :D

8. Priya&Missy

Priya&Missy Member

PMPS was 132!

9. Sue and Luci

How long before you can get some more tests during the day or night? It looks like Missy might be going lower - it would be good to know when she hits her lowest number. Those mid-cycle tests you're getting now are really great numbers! It'd be terrific to get a curve soon...to see how low she's going.

Priya&Missy likes this.
  10. Priya&Missy

Priya&Missy Member

I think she might be going lower too because she bounced to 219 this morning... maybe her nadir isn’t +6 but happening later?

I can’t get many tests during the day because of work and at night it’s hard to stay up past 1 am (which would be her +6) because I have to wake up early but on my days off it should be possible to get more tests.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  11. Sue and Luci

Same here... I go to bed early and DH takes over the early evening coverage - but he will usually tell me if she's low and I'll set my alarm (ugh) ... just to get a quick check in the wee hours to make sure she's ok. It's not my favorite thing to do...or to ask you to do...but sometimes they'll go low at night - better to be prepared for these events - and give her MC or HC foods to head her back up to safer numbers.

Priya&Missy likes this.
  12. Priya&Missy

Priya&Missy Member

I used to go to bed at 11 but now I can’t because of this little one! My entire evening routine is structured around her. From 6 pm - 10 pm she gets various medications and subq fluids and then I check her bg around 11 and sometimes 12 before trying to get a few hours of sleep ;)

Sue and Luci likes this.
  13. Priya&Missy

Priya&Missy Member

Oh and of course chasing her around with the food bowl every 2 hours to remind her to eat!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  14. Sue and Luci

I presume you've tried all those toppings that might tempt her to eat? I haven't had the occasion to chase Luci around with her food dish...sometimes she snubs it...and walks away as if to say, "I am a Queen and I'm not eating THAT!" - and I walk away too and say something along the lines of 'well I don't care if you eat it or not'...and then I check 20 minutes later and guess what - she's eaten most or all of it..sometimes I crush a freeze dried chicken or salmon over it...and that seems to peak her interest...if Luci ever stops eating...oh boy..that's not a day I look forward to...she's always been a good eater, thankfully!

Priya&Missy likes this.
  15. Priya&Missy

Priya&Missy Member

You’re lucky she’s a good eater! The past few months Missy’s appetite has declined and she’s refused all foods except Friskies and fancy feast, which is fine for now since they’re LC (and cheaper to buy) and I’m more concerned about the diabetes than her other health issues. I have her on anti nausea meds everyday and an appetite stimulant as needed and usually she’ll eat most of her food but she never licks the plate clean like she used to. She’s definitely lost some weight but she’s always been a small girl. She does need to be reminded constantly though. It’s almost like she forgets where the food dish is or that she’s even hungry but if you place the food directly in front of her she’ll sometimes get excited and start eating again. I always microwave her food, add water to it, and blend it up to make it easier to eat (she has few teeth). That does the trick usually. I used to sprinkle temptations treats on top to encourage her but I can’t anymore because they’re HC :(

16. Sue and Luci

Yep. There are plenty of 0 carb treats that you can crush up over her food to 'tempt' her. Some use Bonito flakes - I haven't tried those yet...

Priya&Missy likes this.
  17. Priya&Missy

Priya&Missy Member

She used to like the pure bites freeze dried treats but not anymore.. I’m sure I’ll find something soon!