9/22Ravan/amps460/+6 310/pmps312/+4 330/+8 251/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Sep 22, 2018.

1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

2. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Let's see if his pattern holds true. If so, you should see better numbers tonight (6th cycle from last green).

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing a nice low blue AMPS Ravan! Just sayin'!

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Raven, you are working the juice right?????

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  5. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Oh Ravan! :p

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Joy

My trip has been delayed a bit so I wanted to post some info for you that I hope will help you and Ravan.

He’s in a pattern where he drops lower and bounces back up. What I’m seeing is that the cycle when he’s likely to clear a bounce, instead of testing a little earlier (I know he’s on Levemir but on bounce clearing cycles, they can start to drop before normal onset), the first test post shot is at +4 and by then, he’s well on the way down.

How do you know if he might clear a bounce?
    • flat yellow numbers
    • obvious bouncy numbers which start to come down but then go back up (high before the break)
    • sixth cycle since the lower numbers
    Those might not be the only clues for Ravan, but they are ones to watch for.

When you test a little earlier and see the numbers start to drop, you will want to feed so they don’t get so low and they flatten out a bit more. And while Ravan is not what I’d really classify as a diver, the length of his bounces now tells me he could probably do with a little more insulin. We have a way to do this safely because, as you’ve seen, he can drop really low just by adding a little fat to his dose.

If you are willing to put in the time and effort, you can learn to manage the curve with food. While I’ve written on this in other posts, I didn’t book mark them so I’ll just use the one I did bookmark which is from Jill:

As you can see, it takes putting on your investigator’s hat, being wiling to learn what foods work for him and when they need to be fed. Sometimes the experiment works great, sometimes it’s back to the drawing board. Keep in mind for front loading a cat on Levemir, you probably wouldn’t automatically start with PS, +1, +2, +3. With Gracie on levemir, I did feed her at PS, +2, +3, +6, +7 during the day and a little different at night as she could drop lower then. But as you know, ECID, and you’ll have to decide when is best to feed Ravan. The important point is to be consistent.

Jill & Jade likes this.
  7. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

@Marje and Gracie
    Thank you. I printed out your info & will refer to it. I am planning on Increasing his insulin at amps.

I have checked and he nearly always goes up at +2 ,only when he was in Green did he go down at +2 That's why I usually wait till +4 to check.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    Jill & Jade likes this.