9/23/2019 Phoebe update we are taking her in at 3 pm to give her peace. Questions?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Phoebes (GA), Sep 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Any suggestions what I should do or get from her before it's done? I know I am getting her foot prints, and taken pictures of her beautiful beans. Should I take pictures before and after? Pic of me holding her? Kissing her? Is that morbid? Was it helpful, did you wish you had? My brain is gonna explode.

Las likes this.
  2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

None of it is morbid. You should do whatever you want/need to do, whatever you feel moved to do. Everyone deals with things differently. For me, getting some of their hair is important.

Las likes this.
  3. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you. The waiting is driving me crazy. I just want to run away. Everytime she does something positive like takes a drink of water, I am second guessing myself. Is this the right time should I give her another day?? But then what if she gets worse tonight and we have to take her to the er care. I want her vet of 14 years to do it, because I know she and her employees really have grown attached to my girl.

Las likes this.
  4. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Just enjoy hanging out with your beautiful girl. Nothing else is required. :bighug:

Las likes this.
  5. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

I felt exactly the same with Baby... i waited several days of her being slow & not wanting much food. I knew it wasn’t going to get better... but I had to have those last few days alone with her. Yes, get a piece of fur & you do what you feel is right! I took a pic of Baby laying in my lap before & a video. It’s your girl & you decide what’s easiest for you to hold for the future. Precious Phoebe holds a special place in my heart. More hugs

Las likes this.
  6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Do anything and everything you feel like doing.....Once it's over, you can't go back. Video's and pictures can be deleted if they end up upsetting you.

So sorry to hear it's Phoebe's time to leave you. You've been such a good mama and letting her go is the last gift you have to give her.

Las and CandyH & Catcat like this.
  7. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

(((Angela))) I agree with the others, do anything and everything you want. I wish you peace at this difficult time. You have been an amazing mom to sweet Phoebe. She knows how much you love her and I know she appreciates this last, most difficult gift from you to her. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Las likes this.
  8. Las

Las New Member

I just went thru the same decision last Friday 9/20/19 with our 6 year old kitty Sierra & know exactly how you are feeling right now! I always keep their collar & tag ( I do wash & let dry 1st ), a bit of their fur & a whisker ( never have had any foot prints as vets around here don't do that, wish they would! ) & put them all in a small zip-lock bag & write their names & birth date ( if we know ) or adoption date & then the date they crossed the rainbow bridge. A few times I did take before & after photos if I didn't have any or many of them ( for feral or outside kitties ). And I now have a ritual that I do as a way of dealing with my loss / grief. I rarely share this with people because if you are not a pet owner/lover you probably wouldn't understand, but it helps me a lot. The 1st time I did it the kitty in question had been thru a lot & their fur wasn't clean & I just couldn't bury them looking "unkept". So I decided to bath & blow dry them before wrapping them for burial ( I use 2 or 3 layers of wee pads to wrap/secure & then finish with a clear plastic garbage bag. I also use an index card & put their Name, birth or adoption date & date they passed & then write either something about them or to them, then enclose that in a smaller zip bag & tape that to the last layer of wee pad before wrapping in the clear bag. We have buried every cat we've owned or rescued ( & in 46 years of marriage that's been quite a few! ) so I've had to dig a lot of graves & lay them to rest over the years. But it's getting harder for me to do at my age & health, so I don't know what I'll do in the future. We don't have any pet crematories any where close & after running up a vet bill of around $2000.00 in the past 3 weeks, I just couldn't afford another $300.00 ( or more ) for cremation! Thankfully I never set-up the glucose meter or used any of those supply so Wal-Mart should issue a refund ( will find that out tomorrow ). So as everyone else has said You do what you need/want to do. This is your kitty & you know what memories you want/need to have/keep. And no matter what you don't ever let anyone ( friends or family ) poo-poo your decisions on how you need to deal with your grief. There are more of us who know what it's like & we will stand together & support each other during this time of grief!

9. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

don't think Walmart will take supplies back, but you could list them for sale in the Supply Closet here ..

10. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Oh Angela. I'm beyond so very sad and sorry to read all this. I know she was your forever love.

I hope lovely Phoebes was given a million and one kissies to the sound of her beloved toaster & then more.
    I hope someone gave you a million and one kissies and hugs .

M
    x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.