9/23 China AMPS 185,+5 115, PMPS 167,+4 108,+7 115 Latest update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chris & China (GA), Sep 23, 2018.

1. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Things aren't much better today. She is still eating, so that's good, but she's still spending all her time in the room furthest away from everybody and she just lays there.

I bring her in to do her testing/shooting and feed her and she goes right back to the back of the house. She's never shown any interest in that room before.

At +5, I fed her and then put her in the litter box....she got out, walked to the next closest litter box (about 5 feet), got in and peed.....got out and went back to the back.

Her rear legs still seem very weak.....when she lays, they are "splayed" instead of being tucked up under her....the left seems worse than the right

I feel so awful.....I know it's not true, but I feel like I did this to her :(

2. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Ana & Frosty (GA) Well-Known Member

Aww man. Sorry to hear that. I wonder why this is happening.

Frosty always had issues with his back legs, we assumed it was from the muscle loss from cushing’s. He was on b12 for a month but I’m not sure whether it helped. He gained muscle and strength on Vetoryl, the lost it all the past 2 weeks. Now we are starting over.

He also stretches his back legs out when he lays, never tucks them in.

Could she just be debilitated after surgery and need some physical therapy? (Happens in humans). We put frosty in the living room or a room he doesn’t like and make him walk to where he likes to be 2-3 times per day. I don’t know if this will help, but worth a try.

Poor baby. Hope she feels better soon. ❤️

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

You are doing the very best you can for her:bighug: sending lots of healing vines:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

6. Chris & China (GA)

She only had a dental....no surgery.....she's had a dental every year since she was diagnosed and she's always come home perfectly fine until this time.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Sending heaps of feel better vines for China. And hang in there vines for you both.❤️

Is there any chance that her potassium might be low? That could be a possible reason for her splayed hind legs.

How’s the circulation in her hind legs? Do they feel warm or cold?

Also Azalea took longer to clear anesthesia after her two surgeries, she was ckd and around 18yo at the time. I think doing subq fluids helped her to flush the toxins, too.

Gill & George likes this.
  8. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: prayers love light and healing! You are a great Mama Bean!!!

9. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Vines and prayers.

10. JeanW

JeanW Member

More vines, prayers and good thoughts for you both. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh Chris, with her going to be in a different room than she usually spends time is and a real indicator of not feeling well. I hope she will make the turn ASAP . Glad to see her numbers coming back into blues. Today's 115 is a good sign. I am sorry, I forget, did she have any extractions?

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  12. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Ana & Frosty (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, general anesthesia itself is taxing on the body. And no 2 procedures are the same. Hopefully she gets better soon.

13. Chris & China (GA)

Just 1...….her first dental she lost 8!!

They said her mouth looks great and is healing well

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  14. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Could she possibly have had a bad experience (with some peep involved?) at Dental... unbeknownst to you? This happened to Nelli once with a tech who was releasing her… I witnessed the behavior and was blown away, appalled. She might be mad at you because of this, acting the way she is? Just a thought.

Beth 73 likes this.
  15. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Does she act like she could potentially have had a stroke? Are both her eyes normal....no third eyelid? I’ve seen casts develop Horner’s syndrome from anesthesia but her symptoms don’t really match up with typical Horner’s.

I’ve had three friends whose older cats had anesthesia for a dental and ended up with Horner’s. None of them had an ear issue but it does make me wonder if there’s any potential for that in China. It’s just with Horner’s, it is typical that there would be a droopy eye, third eyelid showing, and/or dilated pupils. etc.

16. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

17. Chris & China (GA)

That's what I've been thinking too, but now that she's not dehydrated and eating, her eyes seem bright....no 3rd eyelid…..I'll have to take a better look next time I drag her out to check her pupils

18. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Or a clot to her back legs but that’s usually painful?

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  19. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Adding more vines and prayers.

20. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

21. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

I hope China feels better soon. Sending vines your way and China's too.

22. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope China feels better soon. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

23. Viktoria

Viktoria Member

Sending vines and love to you both. I hope China is feeling better ASAP :bighug:

24. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm just seeing this. Sending huge vines to help China feel better. Will she not even come to your bed to sleep? Would she accept you joining her in some way?
    We are all pulling for you two....
    extra prayers tonite....

25. Chris & China (GA)

No...every time I bring her into the "living area" of the house (where I spend most of my time) she goes right back to her place in the back area.

I do spend time with her back there, but with all my back problems it's hard for me to get down on the floor with her for very long

26. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

next time, try feeling her up, see if she reacts at all, like a physical therapist, stretch a leg, push it back a little past normal.... see if she gives you any sign of pain. give little pushes on her hips, see if it bothers her.... back, same thing.....

Beth 73 and Krystina & Nelli like this.
  27. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

28. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

from some of my quick reading, it sounds like it might be a good idea to go to your usual vet and let them look in her eyes to see that her pupils are reacting properly. I see several cats have problems after a dental and anesthesia and if it isn't something else , then they do get better. But if she did suffer some neurological damage, your vet might be better at recognizing it.
    I'm praying it's just she needs a few more days for the effects to wear off.....

29. H.M. Victor (GA)

H.M. Victor (GA) Member

I am so sorry she's having such a bad experience this time :( Will be continuing to pray for you and China, and sending vines of light and healing to her. I really am hoping she starts to show improvement soon.

30. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Chris}}}

We all know how distressing this is, and we share your concern. We're pulling for China. Hang in there. We have your back.

Sending loads of vines. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

31. Chris & China (GA)

They did bloodwork Friday and again Saturday …...the only things off were her BUN and WBC on Friday and both numbers had come down enough Saturday they felt she could come home.

They are warm.....that's one of the things I checked first to make sure they were getting circulation!

32. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sending vines!

33. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

More vines for China. Sometimes cats hide from us because they don’t feel well and don’t want to advertise it. It’s a way to hide vulnerability from preditors— part of an animal’s self protection.

I hope things will be better today.
    Hugs and scritches

34. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Sounds like her experience was very stressful. Maybe she just needs more time to recuperate? Maybe when you pick her up she's afraid she's going back to the Vet?
    If she's eating ,that's a GOOD sign.She'll join you when she feels safe to ?
    Sending healing Energy to you both. :):bighug:

35. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry, Chris. This is so very distressing

36. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

How are you both doing? I hope you are taking care of yourself too. :bighug:

37. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

38. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Fwiw
    George is deaf as a door post since his dental, now I don't know it was the anesthesia or if there was some how trauma to his auditory nerves during the procedure he had a horrific infection and a lot of teeth extracted.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  39. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Murphy is scheduled for a dental in a few weeks, now I'm terrified

40. Chris & China (GA)

China's first 4 dentals went totally fine and she was eating as soon as she got home.....there's never any guarantee's, but the vast majority have no problems at all.