9/26 Jenks AMPS 81 +3 45 +4 47 +6 63 +9 42 PMPS 95 +7 128

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AZJenks, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

9/25

Another great morning reading for Jenks. Pretty much identical to yesterday. I guess we'll have to see if he has a similar rise like yesterday too, or if he surfs it out instead.

2. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Go Jenks!
    cat thumb up.jpg

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Jenks. I hope he surprises you and surfs today.

4. AZJenks

I...
    am...
    so...
    exhausted...

I don't know what happened today. He had a perfect day yesterday and a perfect start to this morning, and then crashed almost immediately after AMPS. It's been a struggle to keep him up all day, and I haven't slept more than a couple hours at a stretch as a result. Just now, he's showing low 40s, so I've had to pump him up with gravy and karo for the 2nd (or 3rd, I'm a little foggy right now) time today, and there's only about 2 hours left in the cycle.

I think he's definitely going to get a BCS shot. And a reduction tomorrow morning, but by how much I have no idea. I'm kind of concerned that he dropped by half this morning in the first couple of hours and had so much activity that it persisted the entire day.

Girlie's mom likes this.
  5. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Jenks is not an easy cat to bring up. And you have to look after yourself too.

6. AZJenks

Wow, that was a marathon of a day cycle. After spending most of the day sub-50, and still being under the influence of gravy, it's a little hard for me to believe that he's still under 100 at PMPS. I can't risk a repeat performance tonight, or to have this much activity again in the morning, so I'm opting for a BCS dose tonight. Normally, I do a 2/3 dose for Jenks because he usually needs a little more than a little less to keep him going, but tonight I'm selecting a 1/2 dose because whatever depot he's carrying around needs to be drained.

I honestly have no idea what dose I'll choose tomorrow morning. Usually I have to make big cuts when he starts throwing out these vacation numbers. I'll let the numbers guide me, but I'm thinking a minimum half unit, maybe more.....I'd be over the moon if we were at 7 or 7.5U and he was still flying in awesome numbers. That would be amazing.

7. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness! I hope you are doing ok, I can't imagine struggling to keep numbers up, an exhausting task for sure :bighug:... and I wish I understood what Jenks was up to! He is sure adamant he wants a reduction! Just sending over some support, hope tomorrow will be a little less eventful.

8. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Taking care of a diving diabetic cat is exhausting - I'm with you there. I hope you're able to get some advice from more experienced people re: dose decisions. It's hard to keep going without any sleep.... thinking of you and hoping you get some sleep soon!

9. AZJenks

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good call on the BCS. I hope you can get some sleep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.