9/27 Tomcat PMPS 72, +1.5=99

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tomtom13, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomtom13

tomtom13 Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=105061

Hello all

I don't have much to report ....but that is a good thing! We are on cycle 9 of a new reduced dose and Tom seems to be doing better this time around. I did not give the total .25 reduction....but also did not do a "fat" dose either....just kinda a little drop more than i gave the first time around with 1 unit.

Marje told me that if I wanted to see more greens, then after 10 cycles i could fatten the dose a little.....but i think i will hold out a few more as i am happy with what i see so far. but that is now....who knows how i will feel in a few hours from now.....ha.

I posted on the health board today regarding the soy in Dasuquin...and if i should be concerned? any thoughts?

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=105313

Good day to you all

~kelly

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 9/27 Tomcat AMPS 111, +2=74, +7=105

What pretty numbers you have Tomcat!!

I'm not sure I'd even fatten the dose...he's been in great numbers now and looks like taking the Friskies SD out of his diet has helped too

3. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to go look at my dasuquin bottle.... soy?
    I'm not currently giving the pills.

from your question in Buster's condo, I don't think it takes much arthritis to take adequan.
    Mine was confirmed by xrays... and so was Buster's.
    I've only seen the front shoulders ( which I think is from her jumping down from a 9 ft height.
    I only expected it in the rear. And we haven't needed to xray that yet. The front was enough.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Kelly, I saw your question about Adequan shot's in Buster's condo. I'm currently giving Cartrophen (Canadian equivalent to Adequan) to my civie Theo. They are given subq, but the needle is larger, 26 gauge - seems like a harpoon in comparison, but is much smaller than the subq fluids needles. I'm giving a series of 4 shots for Theo's idiopathic cystitis. The vet just gave me preloaded syringes. People who do this regularly for arthritis can get a vial. My Buster (GA) was getting cartrophen for his arthritis. You do a number of loading injections, about once a week for four weeks, then depending on the results could go to one a month or as needed. For Buster I took him into the vet, but that was before I got so much practice at giving shots. Now that I have a diabetic cat, they gave me the supplies to give shots at home. I'm just shooting in the scruff which is what the vet did for Buster.

I kept on giving oral glucosamine as well as cartrophen, the vet said it couldn't hurt. Cartrophen did make a difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.