9/28 Wiley OTJ Day 6- AMBG 62, PMBG 62

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by WileyWonderCat, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WileyWonderCat

WileyWonderCat Member

Wiley's BG is still looking good. Today will be the last day he is tested for a while, as I leave early tomorrow morning for a trip. The timing of this trip is terrible, but I've had it scheduled for a long time. I will resume testing when I return in 6 days. I'm hoping that he will be okay while I am gone. As he has gotten older, he has come to really depend on me. He is like my shadow at home- always by my side- unless its time to get poked with needles or go to the vet- then he hides. :banghead: Anyway, he has a tendency to get depressed/stressed when I am not home. I hope he eats well and doesn't worry too much.

Love to all. Keeping Tricia in my thoughts. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Way to go Wiley! Sending good appy and little stress vines and prayers for when you're away to your boy. Enjoy your trip!

WileyWonderCat likes this.
  3. Madrona and Leda (GA)

Madrona and Leda (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations on Day 6! Sending calming vines for Wiley while you're away. :D:cat::D:cat::D:cat::D:cat::D:cat::D:cat:

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Day 6!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I hope your trip goes well and Wiley does okay while you're gone. Sending prayers.

5. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Way to go Wiley!! Looking good in green while Mama Bean is away vines going out to you!:D:D:D

6. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I saw in your thread from yesterday that Wiley is losing weight. That's not a good sign - if you think your other kitty is getting his food is there any way to protect him so he can get enough to eat?

Since your pet sitter is coming twice a day, what I would do is have the petsitter feed each cat is separate rooms and leave them each separated for at least 10 minutes so Wiley can get as much to eat as he wants. I have to do that with my 3 cats every day, twice a day, because I have one that would eat everyone else's food!

I hope that suggestion helps him get enough food that his weight stabilizes.

Have a great time on your trip and try not to worry too much!

7. Kako & Tux

Kako & Tux Well-Known Member

Nice that Julie gave you advice. :)
    Are you all packed for your trip?
    I haven't. :nailbiting: I spent hours to figure out exact time and amount Tux wants to eat and set autofeeder, and just now I showed to Tux's sitter.
    Let's not worry, and enjoy our trips! :bighug:
    I may join Wiley's OTJ party using the phone. ;)

8. Kako & Tux

Kako & Tux Well-Known Member

Oops... I forgot!
    Happy Day 6! :D:D:D:D:D:D

9. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Hey - I forgot the happy day 6 Wootie Dance too! [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. WileyWonderCat

WileyWonderCat Member

Yes, I've asked her to make sure that she separates them and that she stays with Wiley while he eats so that Aspen doesn't come over and eat his food. Also, I've asked her to pull Wiley's food dish up when he is "done" - which mean he may have eaten half - and then wait about 15 minutes or so and then give him the food again- and add enticement as needed (bonito or Fortiflora). This is about all I can do. I do have a camera on their food dish so that I can monitor if Wiley is eating anything in the day or night hours (I leave out frozen wet food). That way I can tell the sitter if he really needs to eat or if he's grazed during the day/night.

Thanks for the good thoughts! :cat:

julie & punkin (ga) likes this.
  11. WileyWonderCat

WileyWonderCat Member

I haven't even started packing either! Argh! :nailbiting: I need to start soon so I can go to bed eventually. My flight is at 9am!
    Lucky that you have an autofeeder. I'm thinking about getting some- though that won't prevent Aspen from eating all of Wiley's food. Alas, multiple cat households! :banghead:

Hope you have a wonderful trip and that Tux is just fine! :bighug::bighug:

Kako & Tux likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.