9.5 Bubba AM 142, +6=163,+8.5=163. +10=180 PMPS =144 shot a drop

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bobbie And Bubba, Sep 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good Morning L & L ~ Happy Labor to those celebrating. DH and I were in Ocean City NJ storm chasing and we got very lucky with the weather or at least yesterday was nice and we got some beach time. ]

My brother took care of my mom and the cats while we were gone. When we got home last night I tested Bubba and he was 162! I figure it was stress from me being gone and him not being allowed to go outside while I was away. This morning he is still 142. Do I give this a day and see if he settles back into green numbers? I am quite concerned.

2. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Bobbie, no advice from me but big hugs!! I know that concerns you greatly! Hoping it's just a fluke!

Could your brother have accidently fed some higher carb or dry?

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I think I would test again around your old +10 this afternoon and see where he is at, and ask for advice then if needed.
    If you're anxious to test again before that I would do it about 4 hours after eating to see if he's at least brought himself down.

Good Luck to you :bighug: I hope you can enjoy the day.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  4. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks Sandy!

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks Dyana. He just came insi8de from being outside for 2 hours so I will give it a few hours from now in case he had a mouse while out there. And I will test @ +10 to see what's what. I was thinking a little R if needed but will wait for advice before I do anything.

6. Bobbie And Bubba

I left his food on the counter so he would only give him that food. And I didn't have him give any dry food to the dogs so I wouldn't worry about dry food to get into.......{{{{{sigh}}} hope he can bring himself back down.

Shoeskitty-GA likes this.
  7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I don't know about the R in this situation, right now anyway. It may be very harsh when he's only in the 100s and it's hard to get just an eensy weensy teeny tiny dose. Come on down to normal, Bubba! You are worrying your mom.

8. mucacopatarica

mucacopatarica Well-Known Member

Oh no Bubba...Why? I hope he will come down soon without the juice. Maybe it was just some sweet mousie or something like that. Hugs :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Shoeskitty-GA

Hoping it's just a big mouse meal and/or contraband found somewhere in the wild!

10. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Bobbie I am sure Bubba will recover nicely and come down today

11. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I agree with Dyana, get another test later and go from there. I'm sure it's just a bump and he'll be back down soon. Come on back down Bubba!

12. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

I would give Bubba some time to settle down. See how he does today.
    Glad the hurricane didn't get in the way of your vacation.

13. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Have someone hide the R and Lantus from you for a day or so. Bubba....you don't want to be grounded to the house again so no more funny stuff buddy. Hang in there Bobbie, Bubbs does get stressed when you are away.

14. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Oh Bubba, mama is home now so relax a little okay! Could be he was mad he couldn't go out.

15. Bobbie And Bubba

Four hours after breakfast is 135........ I was hoping he'd back in the double digits. . I hope everyone is right and he needs time to settle down.

16. Bobbie And Bubba

That could have played into it.

17. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I would give it a day more of you being home and his regular routine to see what happens. You can do this Bubba. Have a little chat with Mr. Pancreas if you are enjoying your freedom like I know you must be. :bighug:

18. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

C'mon Bubba, :D don't make mama have to find her syringes....and her padlock for the door! You don't wanna be grounded do you?! It's no fun!:(:bighug:

19. Cara and Wynken (GA)

Cara and Wynken (GA) Member

Bobbie,
    Hope that Bubba finds his way back to where he needs to be! I know you worry, but try to chill and don't automatically think he may need insulin. May be just a little hiccup. :)
    :bighug:

20. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the input and guidance to put on patience pants once again.....

21. Bobbie And Bubba

Hi Cara! How's the job search going?

22. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I hope Bubba comes down for you. He's probably just stressed a bit because you were away so don't panic yet!

23. Cara and Wynken (GA)

Cara and Wynken (GA) Member

Well, it's good, but I have to pull on a big pair of Career Patience Pants. ;) I will almost certainly (eventually) get the transfer I want, but it hinges on a bunch of administrative and audit functions that will not happen quickly. Hope to know more in November. :rolleyes:
    If it doesn't work out for the transfer by February or so, I will just have to find a different job. That will be harder, and I may have to consider other types of work. So mostly positive, I'm sure something will work out before Spring, which is my deadline. Thanks for asking!

24. Bobbie And Bubba

I hope it all works out for you Cara! Sending "Career transfer vines" :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Cara and Wynken (GA) likes this.
  25. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree. Give it a day or two and see if Bubba comes back down. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

26. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Stress. Change. That'd send his hormones off kilter.

[​IMG]

Bobbie, try these. Enough said!

(Bubba, get back where you belong. ASAP.)

Marilyn and Polly

27. Bobbie And Bubba

Here's a update. He went outside after he ate breakfast and when he came back I had found a bag of trash on the back porch had been broken into and some food garbage was on the cement. :banghead: It had been on the porch since last night and I though DH had brought the trash cans from the curb and had put the bag in the can. NOPE. Bubba could have gotten into it and 3 hours later at +8 he has gone back up to 163. :banghead: If he continues to go up by PM meal time ( 6 PM EST) I think I will give him a drop of insulin to kick start him again?

I am sick to my stomach over this......

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  28. Shoeskitty-GA

You will get him back in the double digits in a day or two,no doubt.

29. Gussie's mom (GA)

Oh I am sooooo sorry.......:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Hopefully he will burn thru the trashy food raid quickly....maybe chasing mice will help it burn off....:cat::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

30. carfurby (GA)

If he may have gotten more food from the trash, I'd wait and see if he brings himself back down before giving insulin. See how he looks tomorrow. Today's numbers could all be food influenced.

31. Bobbie And Bubba

I just tested him at +11 and he is higher yet, 180. Do you think I should wait until tomorrow? Or give a little tonight if he is higher yet in an hour?

32. carfurby (GA)

I think you should wait. Depending on what he ate, it could stay in his system for up to 24 hours. You can change your subject line and ask for other opinions if you want.

33. Bobbie And Bubba

@Jill & Alex (GA) , I am sorry to bother you as I know you are out of town. I am in a panic and would like your opinion about Bubba's numbers going up. There seems to be two issues, stress from me being away for 2 days and he possibly got into food garbage this morning. Should I shoot some insulin tonight or give this till tomorrow to see if he comes down? Thanks in advance if you are able to respond.

34. Bobbie And Bubba

35. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Bobbie, I think if you shoot a drop tonight, you will need to be around to test. Are you able to do that?
    His numbers are not terrible, so you could wait until tomorrow. I am just thinking if he continues to rise and is into the 200s by tomorrow morning, that you may have to do more doses than if you nip it in the bud tonight. Just my thoughts.

36. Bobbie And Bubba

I am around and I can test him and keep him inside. He did go back to 144 at PMPS. Shoot a drop?

37. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

If he's gone from 180 to 144 in an hour, then I would wait. I know, my brain is thinking if he were on insulin he would be dropping more soon, but maybe he will get over this.

38. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Did you shoot? Your spreadsheet says you did.

39. Bobbie And Bubba

Yes I gave a drop, didn't see you other post until now. If he gets back into greens tonight and stays there tomorrow, would I just stop the insulin?

40. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

My thoughts are if he is back to green tomorrow, to figure it was just something he got into.

41. Bobbie And Bubba

I am leaning towards that is what happened. I hope a drop helps him. Should I not shoot anymore tomorrow if he is back in the greens?

42. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I would wait and see and not shoot tomorrow morning, if he is in the greens.

43. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks so much for your response and guidance Dyana. Fingers and paws crossed ......

44. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Fingers and paws crossed.

45. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Fingers and paws crossed!!!

46. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

Hoping Bubba gets back on the wagon, maybe he found a mouse that was carb loadingo_O

47. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Hi Bobbie.

I'm sorry I didn't see the tag until now. I know how much Bubba loves going outside, but this is the kind of thing I was afraid might happen. Add the contraband to the stress of your being gone, and bingo! Hopefully he'll be back on track in the morning and you can put the syringes away again. Keep us posted!

Sending safe sliding vines. Bubba! Stay outta the garbage! You're gonna get yourself grounded again!

48. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

49. Bobbie And Bubba

I know.......and I knew sooner or later someone would say just want you said. God willing, and he gets back in normal numbers I will still let him outside because I have to let him have QOL.

50. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:. Bubba will make it right.

51. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Too bad you couldn't put a mini camera on his collar and find out if he is eating some dry food that some kindly neighbor is leaving out.

52. Bobbie And Bubba

I went around to all my neighbors and looked and asked and no one is feeding outside. I think he might have been stressed last night for not being able to be outside for 2 days while we were gone and then he might be the one that torn into the food garbage on the back porch. I though DH had put it in the can :banghead:

53. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

that little stinker
    have patience, Bobbie

54. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Oh Bobbie I sure hope you only have to give this one drop:bighug:
    My first thought when I saw your early post was that Bubba had gotten some contraband food:(
    :bighug::bighug::bighug: Bubba you like OTJ so turn around you don't want the juice anymore:cat:

55. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Just got back into town...
    Ok, so you shot a "a drop" of insulin. There's no right or wrong answer here. You went with your gut and each of us would have done the same. Let's see what happens. Be sure to get some spot checks in tonight in the event he was bringing his numbers down on his own when you shot.

FWIW, when Alex was first diagnosed I read as much as I possibly could on every feline diabetes web site/message board I could find on the Internet. I remember reading about a 3 day dry food detox required before a kitty began Dr. Hodgkins TR Protocol with PZI on her website yourdiabeticcat.com (I *think* she has since disassociated with that site). The reasoning behind that requirement was it could take up to three days to completely clear the effects of a high carb dry food diet from kitty's system.

Overall, Dr. H is highly respected in the world of feline diabetes, but I have no idea if that's true or not. However, the requirement gave me pause for thought. Since then I've figured there's no harm in waiting a few days to see if it's true. Unless a cat is actively throwing ketones, it's not like waiting 48 - 36 hours to administer insulin would make any cat's diabetes worse. KWIM?

Which brings me to this... I think I would check Bubba's urine for ketones... just in case... since he did throw ketones way back when.

Fingers crossed this is just one of the curves Bubba loves to throw you. You know he doesn't want you to get too comfortable! LOL!

56. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks so much for getting back to me, I really appreciate it and hope that this drop is all he'll need. Hope you had a nice Holiday.

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  57. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You're welcome!
    I know first-hand all the emotions that go along with pulling that insulin out of the fridge once again and drawing a dose. Hang in there, Bobbie! Let's think only positive thoughts...

58. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Fingers and paws crossed that this is just a bump in the road, Bobbie! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

59. Erica & Carter

Erica & Carter Well-Known Member

So sorry to see some higher numbers for Bubba! Hopefully he gets back down to green soon. :bighug:

60. Gussie's mom (GA)

Hoping he clears his binge soon! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

61. Tiina and Hugo

Tiina and Hugo Well-Known Member

Oh what are you up to Bubba. o_O I hope he gets back to double digits soon :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.