9/7 Batuffolo first BG test AMPS 434

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mauro & Batu, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Mauro & Batu

Mauro & Batu New Member

Hi all, yesterday i start to do my first BG test that confirm high blood sugar level, in the afternoon after little lunch (20gr dry diabetic Royal Canin) and was 442.

All start with dx this monday at the VET (first diagnoses) was 465, in these days i start with low carb diet, but not very low carb, i see later in catinfo.org and i have wet and dry Royal Canin Diabetics (in USA maybe they are Royal Canin Prescription Glycobalance???).

So this morning after some problems i successful do another BG test with Human meter PicGlucoTest and the value was 434.

VET tell me to start with 2u of Lantus, ten minutes after launch and dinner of my cat Batu.

I would like to start today, at 7pm do a BG test and about 8pm inject first shot of 2u of Lantus, i'm a little scary but i think it will more simple than BG test..

This is my presentation

Thanks to exist FDMB

Attached Files:

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Welcome. There’s lots to learn about diabetes and all you need to know is in the yellow stickies. It’s great you are testing and have a spreadsheet. We have two protocols here so read the yellow stickies. If feeding any dry, even diabetic food, you need to follow SLGS.

Most test, feed, and shoot all within 5-10 minutes. No need to wait an hour. Lantus usually onset’s around +2-3 hours after injection so if possible it’s good to get a test two hours after injecting.

Ask as many questions as you want. Someone is always around to help.

3. Harley Baby & Michele

Harley Baby & Michele Member

Good morning Mauro. Congrats on successful glucose test! May I suggest you start with a Lantus Protocol as found on this site, either TR or SLGS. You should also be giving the insulin 12 hours apart so you will want to choose times that work with your daily schedule. It is important to maintain a specific time schedule with Lantus as noted in the info below regarding "insulin depot". And please do start giving the insulin as soon as possible, you want to get Batuffolo feeling better. :)

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/start-low-go-slow-method-slgs.129446/
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/tight-regulation-protocol-tr.1581/
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/what-is-the-insulin-depot.150/

I am sure you have read all the info again but I just like to copy and paste stuff! :cool:

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

5. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Welcome! Dry food should be eliminated completely if possible. Changing his food to low carb wet may alone reduce his blood sugar.

Please keep reading, testing and asking questions.

6. Mauro & Batu

Mauro & Batu New Member

I do a test now, BG 388, in the last 24h i changed only in wet food (royal canin diabetic wet). From monday first BG was 465 now 388 with only diet.

He seems better...

For dinner i prepare 50gr of boiled chicken (only water+chicken), I attend and check tomorrow morning before start with 2u of LANTUS?

thanks let me know