9/9 - Grandpa PMPS 117 - +4 60, +5 48, +5.5 85, +6 95 Gave honey and baby food by syringe

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beck and Philly, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

Yesterday

He drank the gravy from a couple cans and ate 11 Stella & Chewy nuggets soaked in warm water at 6AM. I stopped there to not overload him. He doesn't feel great, but he just fell asleep purring with his head on my hand. I guess I'm staying where I am a bit longer. It's a nice cool, rainy morning so that's fine with me.

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good news that his eating is picking up a bit!

We are having the same rainy cool morning. Great sleeping weather.

3. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Great Grandpa news !!! Some breakfast better than no breakfast :bighug: Go , Grandpa :bighug::bighug:

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Great update!!

Beck and Philly likes this.
  5. Beck and Philly

Okay, not constipated. He just proved that. He doesn't want wet food, but had no problem with Temptation treats. His BG is 138 at +3. His sides are a little swollen still and seem tender. I know the masses are growing, but I'm wondering about a pancreatitis flare?

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Could be. Do you have pain meds to give him. Cerenia?

7. Beck and Philly

Yes. He's had Cerenia the past two nights, and we started bupe last night. The Cerenia is indicated as 1x per day. The bupe can be more often. I'm thinking 2x a day since he did poo. I don't want to constipate him, but I don't want him in pain.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  8. Beck and Philly

9. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Vines for your beautiful guy to be feeling better.

10. Beth 73

Love you , Grandpa ❤️ Sending more love , vines , prayers to you , for your tummy to settle and appy to increase . :bighug:❤️:bighug:

11. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

I love the Grandpa pics I does.

Glad he ate something for you. Anything is better than nothing .

:bighug:

12. Beck and Philly

Wow. We are shooting a 117. That is scary and amazing to me. I don't want to jinx anything, but he has had a few days of amazing numbers despite not feeling well, skipping a shot, and giving a reduced BCS. He's feeling better today and is much more alert. He's picky about what he eats, but he eats.

I have no idea what's causing the change. Are his masses shifting and his body producing insulin? Is he responding to the shots? Did the couple days of only S&C 1 or 2% carb food have an impact? I don't know.

He helped himself to some of the other cats HC dry Fancy Feast earlier. Just a few bites. I hope he stays on the upswing.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  13. Beth 73

Well, Beck, he IS one AMAZING kitty being loved on and cared for by one AMAZING momma bean . This update makes my heart sing :bighug:❤️ Love you , Grandpa ❤️

14. Beck and Philly

Grandpa sends his love right back.

Beth 73 likes this.
  15. Beck and Philly

We shot a 117 and gave him bupe and Cerenia since he ate dinner. At midnight (+4) he was 60 on the AlphaTrak 2. We offered every gravy food in our hypo kit and he licked a little. He ate a few bits of hot dog and ground beef. He was 48 at 1:00 am (+5). We gave him a bit of honey and baby food by syringe. He was 85 at 1:30 (+5.5).

We are continuing to syringe baby food and test. This is the first time this low so any advice welcome.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018