9 lives change in name and can

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by bradie96, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradie96

bradie96 Member

i havent been on here in quite some time but do keep eyes on the site...
    i went to buy 9 lives chicken dinner this afternoon and came across a can change and the name changed to 9 lives daily essentials. i tried calling but the offices were closed for the day. does anyone know if this is just a change in cans/names like the FF?
    i was very nervous buying but the chicken dinner is one of patches favorites and we are coming to a yr insulin free in july! yay!! :mrgreen:

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

can you compare the ingredients from an old can and new one? see if anything changed or was moved on the list. that will give you a good indication if it's the same formula or not.

3. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

I have recently purchased both old and new label cans and fed both. As far as I can tell by sight and smell, the ingredients look and smell the same. As far as my cats can tell, they taste the same as well!

I was recently able to get 9Lives on sale for 4 cans/1.00, so I stocked up. Label changes are a good time to look for sales as they try to clear out old label stock. The grocers I bought them from on sale sold even the new labels at the sale price.

Don't have time to hunt through them for ingredient comparison right now, but will when I get the chance.

4. bradie96

bradie96 Member

thank you. i didnt have any cans left of the old stuff and i checked today when i was at a few stores and all of them are being replaced with the new cans....

they seem to love the chicken dinner and didnt want to start the test and retest of flavors with them again!

5. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Compared labels of new 9Lives chicken & tuna variety with old chicken & tuna variety - exactly the same ingredients in exactly the same order. It should be fine.

6. bradie96

bradie96 Member

thanks for your help!!

7. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

that's good to know, but hey, it's worth asking, cause you never know. I think with FF, they changed the order of some ingredients, is it a big deal, maybe/maybe not, depends on the cat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.