911 Gomez BG dropped all day. No curve. What to do?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by FluffBunny, Aug 28, 2018.

1. FluffBunny

FluffBunny Member

:( He followed me around this morning demanding to be fed, but he didn't eat particularly well. Ate maybe 1/4 cup of FF and a few (maybe 10) Royal Canin dry. I syringe fed him a little more FF.

I am feeling guilty that I gave him that second round of Royal Canin at +5 last night, but I thought I was going to bed and I wanted to be sure he didn't have a problem. Turned out I was up most of the night anyway checking on him and worrying. Live and learn, I guess.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  2. FluffBunny

FluffBunny Member

Bounce?

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Morning, sorry I over slept.

I most probably is a bounce from the blue numbers. My Olive did that for quite some time.

Are you following one of the protocols? Either TR or SLGS? Never mind I see dry food being given. Don't feel guilty about giving extra food. Kitties can not metabolize food properly when they are unregulated. It's actually better for them to have small meals throughout the day. Just no food 2 hrs prior to the insulin shot.

Your getting close to increasing the dose. When it's time you will go up .25 units. Do you have the half unit marked syringes?

No dry food is better but if Fluffbunny isn't ready there are 2 dry foods at last lower carb than what your using. Young Again which has a few formulas, it can only be ordered through them, they will send samples. Just ask for no or low carb formula. It's expensive and quite rich so you need to introduce slowly. The other is CleanProtien by Dr. Elsey they will send samples also but you can order it through Chewy..

Your doing very well. It takes time to understand even a little bit. I still don't get all of it. My Olive is totally different than my Smokey was.

Try not to lose sleep, you will lose enough later when Fluffbunny starts going for reductions.

Joanne&TinySole likes this.
  4. FluffBunny

FluffBunny Member

Gomez's spreadsheet looks like yesterday's. What am I supposed to do if his PMPS BG is below 200? I sure don't understand why this is happening. I thought his BG was supposed to rise after the+6 nadir.

I was up all night last night checking his BG and giving him small meals. Am I going to have another long night? I really need some sleep or I am going to be useless.

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Don't panic yet. See what his preshot test is and the +2 after.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  6. FluffBunny

FluffBunny Member

But do I shoot if his BG is below 200 at PMPS? I am anticipating a repeat of last night and want to make sure I know what to do when the time for his shot comes. I will post his PMPS here as soon as I take it, of course.

7. FluffBunny

FluffBunny Member

Gomez's BG has been dropping all day - just like it did yesterday only today it is lower. This is the lowest PMPS he has had - 235. I know the SLGS guidelines say to delay and continue testing, but I really need to feed him. What should I do? Any advice appreciated.

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I think you could feed and shoot as long as you have plenty of supplies and higher carb food. He is really responding to this dose in a good way and you don't want to lose momentum. Get a +1 and if he drops some more , give him some LC food to slow him down. ( like you did last night)

Save the HC food for numbers that are approaching 50.

9. FluffBunny

FluffBunny Member

He is dropping at a slower rate than last night.

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Okay, good, if it continues to be a flat yellow cycle, it could be an indicator of a drop in the next cycle or two.

I would get a test before you go to bed and if he is moving slowly, I would go to bed and get some rest. When deciding when to go to bed......take into consideration where the number falls in the cycle. After the nadir, the numbers are likely to just go upwards again.

You are doing a good job, momma. Sorry, I don't know your name........

11. FluffBunny

FluffBunny Member

Thanks. My name is Linda.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.