92617-Jones latest update...going for a visit!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...etty-vines-latest-update.184453/#post-2047974

As of 630 AM.

• He has been weaned down to 30% oxygen. Normal air is 21% so this is encouraging. Still can't visit though.
    • His RR is pretty steady between 30 and 40. Which is a little high but his nurse said that it is a stressful environment so they can run a little higher.
    • Still on IV fluids.
    • Still not eating. I let them know to try other foods and see if that helps him eat. Just no tuna! Maybe some ID or AD. Not the best but food if he will eat. So she said she would give him some options.
    • Still need to wait for IM to call with what he would like to do going forward and if he will be discharged. Sometime later this morning or early afternoon.
    • Thank goodness for pet insurance!
    • Mom has not slept well. Kept waking up looking for him. Sigh.
    Thanks again for all the thoughts and vines! This is an amazing group.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

As of 730 Update from ER vet:

He has eaten a bit now. Still struggling to breath when out of oxygen cage. I think this maybe stressed related though. Or I hope. Maybe once home he would do better.

Wait for next call....

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope he gets to come home soon. I'm glad he ate a little bit. Sending more prayers.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  4. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Super vines for Jones. ER visits are no fun, Titan has had a few :cat:

5. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to hear he finally ate some food, that is a good sign.

6. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

Continued "Get Home Soon!" vines for Jones!

7. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Glad he's eaten a little and the oxygen has been lowered. Hope you hear back soon on when he can come home with a plan moving forward. Hang in there Tracey, mega vines and prayers for you both :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Why can't you visit? That's important. :bighug::bighug:

9. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

More prayers from us.....

10. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

11. Tracey&Jones (GA)

They said with him in the oxygen cage and that he struggles to breathe when he is out that it maybe hard to visit and cause more stress. :confused:

I struggle with that. I am just hoping that the steroids kick in and that we can bring him home. If he can't come home today, we will be visiting tonight.

12. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Jones ate so that is very encouraging. I can't imagine how you must feel. He's going to be just fine. Lots of prayers he gets to come home to you very soon. Even us humans, you really don't begin to truly heal until you're home and out of the hospital. I've been in the hospital a few times over the years and I think about all the stress and we understand what is happening around us. All the beeping of the equipment, the moaning and groaning of other patients, constant interruptions, no sleep...

So our of course our kitties will stress out in that environment. Jones is eating now, less oxygen...all good things. Once he's home he'll be even better!!

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sending lots of hugs and vines your way. :bighug::bighug::bighug: I hope the IM vet calls ASAP.

I feel for you. When I was in your position last fall, Neko in the oxygen kennel in ER and having difficulty breathing out of the kennel, I could still visit. I even went in and tested and gave her insulin and food from home. She was in an oxygen kennel that was large enough I could open the door and still do all these things quickly while she stayed in the kennel and got oxygen. The rest of the time I could touch her cause the kennel door had two little arm holes I could open. Neko's RR was also stupid high at the vet and much better at home.

14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

I hope that Jones continues to improve and that he will be able to come home soon.
    Sending more vines and prayers,

15. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Prayers for Jones. No way I could stay away. Hope his breathing gets better and he can come home. I do think it is important that you do visit if he can't come home. I would take Gizmo t-shirts or towels from my shower every day (sometimes 2x/day) so he had something that smelled of me and home.

16. Tracey&Jones (GA)

I am going tonight if he doesn't come home. And that is a great idea, I will take my night shirt.

Still no update from the IM....put a call in about a half hour ago asking for one. His nurse is apparently busy.

I think if he is breathing ok on his own outside the oxygen cage...I should just bring him home and get his routine back in order.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  17. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Thinking of you and Jones:bighug:

18. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Update:

Finally got a call back at 6pm from his IM.

• FPL - negative for pancreatitis.
    • BG was 23 (414), drop to 13.9 (250) and is 6.2 this evening (122) - with no insulin given.
    • Ate all of his food this morning but doesn't really like the AD being offered tonight. So taking in more of his food.
    • He has been out of the oxygen cage since this morning (thanks for the update!:mad:) and is resting comfortably in the main hospital ward.
    • His RR has been pretty consistent at 30-40 most of the day except for one spike early this morning at 66. It was even around the 30-40 range when doing the last blood draw.
    • Wonder if they ever checked his BP?
    • His blood work today is showing some signs of interest to the IM but nothing that is worrying him.
      • He is anemic - RBC of 25% should be around 30%. IM indicated with the fluids and draws this may occur. He will continue on fluids until tomorrow morning.
      • His potassium was low/high?? 3.1 vs 7.0 or the opposite way...couldn't hear as a dog was barking in the background. Could this be the beginning of CKD?
      • Getting all copies of blood work results so I can confirm.
    • His neophytes (sp?) were slightly elevated indicating infection.
    • IM reviewed x-rays and he says there is slight inflammation of the bronchial tubes but he is not convinced it is asthma. Questioned if he thought it was a one time reaction to something he may have eaten. He couldn't be sure. Was just concerned the severity off onset and ability to put things back to normal. Was leaning toward pneumonia but there is not other signs. His chest is clear sounding - no crackles.
    • He had a high end of normal temp when admitted yesterday morning. He didn't say if that went back to normal or not....forgot to ask. Would think so with fluids.
    • IM thinking underlying infection somewhere but can't really see where.
    • Would like to start anti-botics and keep him one more night to make observations and more blood work. Vampires!
    • He has only been on his normal dose of prednisolone today.
    • In IM words - he is a wonder boy and working things out on his own for the most part and he can't offer me a package of brilliance. I think this guy is from the UK.

So, I have feed and medicated Jonesy sisters. Having a bite to eat myself then going over for a visit, drop off my night shirt and to take over more food. IM leaving some notes/test results for me as well.

I hope to have him back tomorrow morning.

:arghh::):mad::(:confused: This is me right now....just want him home. Worried that we are on the last part of our walk together...

19. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

20. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Lean on us, we are here for you. Gives Jones a kiss from me.

21. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Will do! Lots of chin rubs and allow him to cuddle into my neck!

22. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending more vines and :bighug:.

Hope he gets to come home soon.

23. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Scritches and kisses to Jonesy from us here:kiss::cat:. Hugs for you. :bighug:

24. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

25. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope you have a great visit with Jones and hope that he will be home soon. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

26. Squeakycats

Squeakycats Member

He sounds like he is improving!!!!

27. Tracey&Jones (GA)

So, got my visit in! They only allowed 20 mins so he wasn't off his fluids long. He has eaten 1 can of Rawz in the last 36 hours and a few bites of AD. So hopefully with more of his own food he will be more tempted.

He is weak and disorientated. Took him a bit to figure out who I was I think. He got down on the floor and jumped back up on the chair. He was wobbly. Meowed a couple of times pitifully. I picked him up and put him up to my shoulder and did our neck hug. He purred the whole time and I think would of slept on me if it wasn't for this crazy barking drooler that was there.

He had poop on his but and tail. Gross! Will need to clean that up when he comes home.

Gave him my shirt to curl up tonight.

His breathing is better...very much so. His purr sounds like his. He isn't grooming himself though...which is sad.

Hopefully with the care he recieves tonight he will be ready to go home tomorrow morning/afternoon. He will needs lots of TLC when home and rest.

Doc was gone when I got there...but I have notes and questions for when he goes through the discharge with me or calls again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.