94preshot of 10.5U, already off on skip, recommendations?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Melanie and Smokey, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Here's my last post: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=82914

Shooting into 118 landed us at 42 and a long night so shooting a full dose at 94 probably isn't a good idea thought it is rising.

Her appetite is still off. She's not starving and eat heartily when she eats, that is just 2-3 times a day instead of every hour or two like she used to.

Ayone have any recommendations on what to do. we are already off shedule considerably. This is our schedule to get back on track.

1:00 PM 12:45AM SAT
    12:30PM 12:15PM SUN
    12:NOON 11:45PM MON
    11:30AM 11:15PM TUE
    11:00AM 10:45PM WED
    10:30AM 10:15PM THU
    10:00AM 9:45PM FRI
    9:30AM 9:15PM SAT
    9:00AM 8:45PM SUN
    8:30AM 8:30PM MON
    8:00AM 8:00PM TUE

And its looking like we need a permanent dose adjustment anyway.

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 94preshot of 10.5U, already off on skip, recommendations

Melanie it would be a lot better if you could post this in one of the insulin specific forums or even the high dose forum.

I don't feel that comfortable advising you with such a high dose and I know you need to make a decision now.
    Next time you're up to a situation like this, if you post a couple hours in advance, we could have more time to help you.
    It's good you have your spreadsheet up to date.

I'll try to get some more eyes over here to help you to make a decision.

3. Melanie and Smokey

Thanks Dyana, I was in the process of posting over to our old board Lantus.

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I just responded to your post over there.

5. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

Hi Melanie,

I don't know enough about acromegaly to advise but it looks to me like your problem is her eating. I would not give a full shot without her appetite being up again, I think. Is there any way you can entice her into eating more or more often? Would it help to crumble some treats on top of her food? Maybe you should go back to 10.25 until she starts eating again? Just some thoughts.

Good luck!

Melanie & Racci

6. Melanie and Smokey

Thanks MelanieAndRaci,

Smokey has been eating better, just not the glutton she usually is. She loves rotisserie chicken so I went out and got one Friday evening and was putting that on top of her food in addition to just letting her have a plate of that. Food didn't seem to stop the slide before today (she was even eating whip cream during those stretches of green). Haven't been able to figure out if its the reduction of food or if its something else like cancer or her new heart meds kicking in at play.

Smokey isn't actually an acro cat, she's just a high dose cat due to pancreatic nodular hyperplasia, she has a big green mass growing on her pancreas that makes it disfunctional/nonfunctional.

She seems happy tonite. Wandered around the living room, napped on the couch, now she is laying beside me taking a bath.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.