Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julie Berber

Julie Berber Member

Nippet only got a 97 on her PM test. Is this normal for her to continually drop BG numbers?

2. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

That's the pmps test?
    It's certainly normal for them to drop numbers after insulin. If you are getting low am or pmps numbers then a reduction in insulin is helpful to even out the am and pmps so that it's safe to shoot. I wouldn't personally shoot on a 97 though.

3. Julie Berber

Julie Berber Member

97 is the preshot PM test. I cant shoot her at 97. Lord knows what would happen. I think tomorrow ill test AM and if she needs insulin I'll drop it down to maybe .10 to .15 only. ...

.25 is already taken her down a little too low at times.

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I agree - no shot tonight.

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I agree with lowering the dose. Forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question, but you are using u40 syringes and not u100, correct?

6. Julie Berber

Julie Berber Member

Yes, i am using U40s. Im having to "eye" it.
    How hard would it to to change to using a U100 syringe? Nippet is needing less than .25

7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

It's an easy switch. Get U100s with half unit marks and use this conversion chart:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/insulin-conversions.htm

Julie Berber likes this.
  8. Julie Berber

Julie Berber Member

Thank you!!!! That helps a ton! Now to find a vet that will sell me some. Lol. I've ticked off all mine...

9. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

You never ever have to go to your vet for syringes. In fact, I wouldn't bother because they overcharge (or at least mine does). ADWdiabetes is the best place to go for diabetic supplies. I get both my U40 and U100 syringes there and they ship fast. I currently use these U100 syringes, but they seem to stick a lot, so I'm not super happy with them. But hopefully the link will give you a decent place to start. :)

10. Julie Berber

Julie Berber Member

I notice they have different sizes. The 3/10cc would work the same right? Its just the length of the tube?

11. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

You can also get them from WalMart....their 3/10ml, 31 gauge, 8mm insulin syringes all come with half unit markings (No matter what they might tell you)

They're only $12.58/100

Julie Berber likes this.
  12. Julie Berber

Julie Berber Member

I can get them without a script?

13. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

depends on your state.....I don't need a script in Missouri....Most states don't need a script but there are some that do (and occasionally cities that require them even if the state doesn't)

I checked online and it says that Tennessee does not require a script for syringes

All it would take is a phone call to find out for sure

Julie Berber likes this.
  14. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

U40's are dreadful. Long needles and really thick. I also used the conversion chart and dosed using U100 when Leo was on Prozinc.

Establish a no-dose value. For Leo it is 200. If he is close, I feed him. Then I check in one hour. If over 200 then I reduce the dose a little. So there is no skipped dose.

15. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Nj requires a script.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.