GA A Jenks-sized hole in our hearts...

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AZJenks, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

I struggle to find the composure to write this because doing so requires acknowledging that he's really gone.

Our sweet baby boy earned his wings and joined the ranks at the Rainbow Bridge late Tuesday evening. I kept a candle burning all night long to light his way and to make sure he never lost sight of his home throughout his journey.

He never recovered from whatever triggered the inappetance that struck earlier in the month. No matter what we did, it seemed to worsen faster than we could respond. And as his appetite continued to wane, so too did his life force. We listened when he told us that it was time for him to go, and we set him free without reservation or delay. His transition was quick, peaceful, and we never left his side. Thankfully, we had the opportunity to say our goodbyes, which affords some small degree of comfort and closure in the face of so many unknowns.

We'll never know what ultimately claimed him, though I suspect his big 'ole heart was just so full of love that it couldn't contain it any longer. If there's any satisfaction to be found under the circumstances, it comes from knowing that at least it wasn't the diabetes that got him.

The irony is not lost on us that this happened just as he was having the best numbers of his life. In fact, it seems very in character for the cat who refused to follow any sort of rules. Maybe this recent string of ideal numbers was just his way of saying thanks before departing, by throwing us a bone instead of a monkey wrench for once.

Nevertheless, we're heartbroken without him and feel his loss with every fiber of our beings. OH remains stoic on the outside, but I know she is profoundly sad on the inside. I'm a wreck and riddled with self-doubt and guilt about being so naive to think we were only dealing with diabetes, when it feels like I missed something obvious happening under the surface. I honestly don't know how we will cope with all of that to pick up the pieces and begin to move forward. But we will.....in time. Right now, we just need to grieve. Soon, we'll celebrate his life with a tribute, but for now just tears and a few heartfelt sentiments...

We love you buddy. We loved you in this life, and we'll continue to love you into the next. Thank you for choosing us as your family, for sharing your beautiful soul with us, for teaching us the meaning of boundless love, and for being the cat of our dreams. You were the best friend anybody could ever hope for. Life won't be the same without you, but I promise you we'll see each other again some day.

Farewell my love.

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to read this.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. Prayers for your grieving hearts.
    The hardest part of loving a cat is the goodbye, even if it is just temporary.
    Fly Free Jenks.

[​IMG]

4. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

5. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

So sorry, I am heartbroken for you. Peace and comfort.

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. Fly free sweet Jenks. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

srk4cats likes this.
  7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

This is such very sad news. I am so sorry for your loss. Jenks was a lucky boy to have such loving care in his life.

Fly high, Land softly, Jenks. cat_wings>o

Until you meet again. :bighug:

8. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry....his spirit will forever be a part of who you are. Many hugs and prayers...

9. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry to hear about Jenks.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry to learn that Jenks has earned his wings. My heart goes out to you and OH - I know how gut-wrenching it is to watch them fade away and be helpless to stop it.

He was such a pleasure to have in our L&L Family - keeping us guessing all the time and heading for the lagoon as soon as OH was out of town.

Please don't second-guess yourselves - you gave him all the love you had and the best care possible. Take care of you now and know that he is always watching over you from the Bridge, waiting for the day you will be reunited. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly free, Jenks, and land softly. :rb_icon: We will miss you
    . :(

11. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Oh no! I’m shocked and shattered that you’ve lost your big boy ... :(:(:(:bighug::bighug::bighug:cat_wings>o

12. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Oh No! I am so sorry to hear about Jenks.

He was lucky to have such loving beans. I'm sure the candle helped light the way and that he is now safe and happy waiting for you at the Rainbow bridge.
    Fly free and land softly Sweet Jenks

[​IMG]

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  13. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for you loss and your doubt. Please remember you did all you could and sometimes when it is time it is time.

Till you meet again.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Juliet

Juliet Guest

:arghh::arghh::arghh:

So sad to read this.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry for your loss. :arghh::bighug:
    :rb_icon:

16. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I am so very sorry. Jenks was such a "regular" here that it's hard to think we will be without him. Fly free Jenks and land softly.

"Cats never completely leave you. They side step time, shrug off death - come at the call of memory their beauty undiminished, their touch as gentle, their love perpetual."

17. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

We're very sorry to read this and so sad about your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you...........

18. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Grief 1.JPG

Fly free sweet Jenks

19. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I am so so sorry for your losscat_wings>o

20. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Sending vines of love and healing for you and for your sweet Jenks in this his next journey with all our GA’s welcoming him at the Bridge. ❤️❤️❤️cat_wings>o:rb_icon:❤️❤️❤️

81FFDB01-D6EB-455F-BCB2-5C8BEDD54F65.gif

21. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear it was time for Jenks to leave you! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

He was such a character and his hijinks will be sorely missed.

Fly free sweet Jenks and land softly. The bridge has gained a truly unique individual and I'm sure you'll make it even more interesting and fun while you wait for the ones you loved most to come be with you forever cat_wings>o

22. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry for your loss of handsome Jenks. cat_wings>o

23. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m so very sorry to read this. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

24. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

:(I'm so so sorry to read this. It is so hard. You gave Jenks a wonderful life! May you find peace in all the special memories.

Fly free sweet Jenks:rb_icon::rb_icon::rb_icon::rb_icon:

25. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. It's never long enough with our special sugar babies.
    Liz

26. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

My heart breaks for you. :( I’m so, so, so sorry Jenks had to go, you let him free of his pain and that is such a loving gift. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

We will all miss him and remember him fondly with all of his DH our of town antics. Rest easy, sweet Jenks. :rb_icon:

27. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

My heart is breaking for you. I am so sorry. Many, many hugs to you both :bighug::bighug:

cat_wings>o.

28. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss, fly free Jenks :rb_icon: 10089.jpg :rb_icon:

29. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

30. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: Oh, I am so sorry. Good that you burned that candle, and stayed up to make sure it didn't go out. I'm sure Jenks had an safe journey.
    I believe that one way or another, we will be reunited. So it's really au revoir, not a final goodbye at all.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

31. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry that it was Jenks time. Even when we know its for the best, it does not make it any easier in our hearts. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly free little man and land softly :rb_icon:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  32. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry that it was Jenks' time to leave for the Bridge. I hope all your wonderful memories of the years you had together will help heal your heart. ❤️

in memory.jpg
    Jenks will always be remembered here in L&L Land. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly free, sweet Jenks, travel safely to your new life at the Rainbow Bridgecat_wings>o

33. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

:rb_icon:The kitties at the Rainbow Bridge are giving Jenks a hearty welcome. He is "in good paws" until that wonderful day when you will meet again. We are very sorry for your loss of your wonderful kitty and we will miss him, too.

In deepest sympathy,
    Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

MyTitan (GA) and LizzieInTexas like this.
  34. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

This is so very heartbreaking. :arghh::arghh: I wish I had some words of comfort but, I know, there are none. Your boy was so very special and you and OH did everything you could for him. I know what it’s like to go over and over again what you could have done differently but there wasn’t. You and OH love him beyond measure and he always knew that.

I wish you peace. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Gentle journey, Jenks.

35. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I am so sorry it was Jenks' time to earn his angel wings. :bighug::bighug::bighug: May the memories of him and his antics remind you of the love and special bond you had with him. The good times were many. Fly free Jenks.

36. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Wendy told me the sad news today . . . my heart breaks for you. I'm so sorry to hear that Jenks had to leave you. You did such a good job with him - I remember how you kept him in green for ages at a time, back when. Nothing easy about managing a high dose kitty and you were awesome at it.

Sending you and OH a big hug. Fly free little Jenks . . . til we meet again.

[​IMG]

julie

"And can it be that in a world so full and busy,
    the loss of one creature makes a void so wide and deep
    that nothing but the width and depth of eternity can fill it up!" - Charles Dickens.

37. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear that Jenks has earned his wings.:rb_icon:cat_wings>o

It is so hard to say goodbye to our beloved kitties.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

38. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

May blessings be with you, know that Jenks is free and running thru the green grass chasing butterflies. Peace

39. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to read this news. Big Tears.
    Hugs and Love and vines of whatever comfort I can send to you and OH.
    Fly Free beautiful Jenks. Watch over your family from above.

40. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss, and hope your tears will bring you some healing.

41. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

My heart is breaking for you and OH. There really are no words but you both did an amazing job caring for your little boy. Please be kind to yourselves and sending you much love and peace for your hearts. Fly free and land softly Jenks :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

42. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

It is never easy but you did everything in your power and gave Jenks the best home he could have had. When the ineveitable came, Jenks still came first.

Fly free Jenks and all your friends and high-doser clan will be at the bridge ready to greet you

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

43. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

I am so sorry.:(

Fly free sweet Jenks.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

44. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

So very, very sorry to hear this terribly sad news.
    What a lovely soul - RIP, dear little one
    Hugs and peace to you and OH :bighug::bighug:

45. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

46. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

So very sorry to read about your loss...We are sending warm vines to hold and help you during this time of grieving. cat_wings>o

47. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Absolutely gutted for you both. What fine brave people you are . Jenks & you guys were the perfect match.

So sorry this has come to pass. Take care of yourselves.

48. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

What a great kitteh Jenks was. And he was lovingly cared for you as a diabetic for all these years. That makes it so hard. I think we get closer to the kittehs that are sick.

May your sweet kitteh fly free and land softly at the Bridge. He was loved.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  49. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

I am so, so sorry for your loss! He was very, very lucky to have you to care for him. Fly free, sweet Jenks! :rb_icon::bighug::bighug::rb_icon:

50. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Condolences to you and OH on the loss of sweet Jenks. :bighug::bighug::bighug: I wish you both peace.

51. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Reading this has tear flowing.... I am so very sorry and I know right now words cannot even put a dent in the pain and sadness you feel..My heart is breaking with you and will hold you close.... Fly free sweet Jenks....land softly:rb_icon:

52. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

I'm truly sorry, and heartbroken to read this. May your sweet Jenks fly free across the rainbow bridge, and may you both take comfort in knowing that your boy was so lucky to have spent his time with you! Sending you comfort for your broken hearts, and much love! Rest in peace little one :rb_icon:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.