A little bit of encouragement (not for newbies only) :)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cupcake, Oct 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cupcake

Cupcake Member

Feel free to correct my mistakes (if any), as English is not my mother tongue :)

Imagine there are no high BG levels
    It’s easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the kitties
    Living long and low

Imagine there are no syringes
    It isn’t hard to do!
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no insulin too…
    Imagine all the kitties
    Living life in low…

You may say I’m a dreamer
    But I’m not the only one
    Who loves all those sugar cats
    And the world will be as one!!!

Imagine no stress and tension
    I wonder if you can
    No need for insulin
    A brotherhood of cat
    Imagine all the kitties
    Sharing life in blues…

2. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

That is really sweet! :YMHUG: I'm prepared that Michelangelo might never go otj_icon but I do sometimes fantasize what it might be like to not have to stick to a 12/12 schedule and having to prepare his syringes twice a day. :lol: It's nice to imagine.

3. Barb & Mr. Frog

Barb & Mr. Frog Member

:) nice, John Lennon would be proud

4. Teddy Snowshoes & Rilla

Teddy Snowshoes & Rilla Member

I fantasize about it too, but when Teddy's Auntie Patti was kittysitting him, I hardly knew what to do with myself..... Didn't have to watch the clock, all of a sudden I had a whole bunch of extra time on my hands because I wasn't medicating him constantly.... it felt really weird. I just felt kinda jealous that Patti was getting Teddy kisses and I wasn't. ;-)

5. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Ruta, that is really nice! Well done! :D

My cat will never go OTJ, but it's lovely to 'imagine' that he could.... ;-)

Eliz

6. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I love, love, LOVE this. Thanks for sharing your creativity.
    jeanne

7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

That's sweet. I like it :D I can almost imagine you singing it soft and sweet, while sitting down, with a guitar in your lap.

8. sophie

sophie Member

Dear Ruta,
    I like your poem & your English! Good luck with your extra sweet Cupcake.

To KPassa: Deep in my heart I didn't believe that my Pudge would go OTJ because I messed up so many times at the start of his treatment plus I thought I had recognized his symptoms with an inexcusable procrastination (Dec. 2011). He went OTJ for the first time on ProZinc after about 6 months (either on 1 unit or 1.6 unit - hard to tell as we meandered between twice or thrice a day schedule & up & down in dosage). After a year he was back on the juice & on levemir this time, but after a few days he was off insulin again (May of 2013). Take care and here are sincere wishes that M. surprises you!!! Pudge blew my mind!
    Best wishes, Sophie

9. Kim & Twice

Kim & Twice Well-Known Member

Well Done! I love your take on a classic. Thank you for sharing this with us \M/

10. Cupcake

Cupcake Member

Evening here :coffee:
    I'm glad you all liked the modified IMAGINE ;-)

Yeah, sometimes it's more than crazy to dream about the things that will never happen. But it's fun and cannot be deemed crazy to imagine :D We all have a right to imagine.
    I am a beginner, just learning to dance Cupcake's sugardances. We stayed awake last night with our eyes wide open. My husband and I played cards and kept testing, and testing, and testing. We were so green and happy :) And now we are purple again. I do not lose hope though.

KPassa, it's nice to hear that you are prepared for Michelangelo's sugar challenge. I'm looking at Michelangelo's SS right now... Why do you think his BG levels fluctuate so greatly? Why it is so difficult to regulate?

Barb & Mr. Frog, thanks :) I don't know if he would be proud, but my fluffy and I are proud that you think so :mrgreen:

Teddy Snowshoes & Rilla, oh... what a cute story! It appears that kittysitting might be an inseparable part of our lives :RAHCAT

Elizabeth, thank you, don't stop imagining :) Kisses to your amazing Bertie :*

Jeanne, thank you for your compliments :)

Dyana, the only problem is that I do not play the guitar. But I IMAGINE myself playing!!! :mrgreen:

Sophie, thanks for your support :) Your story is so inspiring!!! Regards to your Pudge! ;)

Kim & Twice, thanks, I am an incurable classics lover, because it never dies :)

11. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Michelangelo was "born" diabetic, which makes me think his pancreas has permanently limited to no functioning in regards to insulin regulation, unlike many other cats. Or, at the very least, some sort of genetic insulin intolerance. With him, there seems to be a direct correlation to food intake vs. insulin levels. The more he eats, the more external insulin he needs (I think this is the major reason why he's never spiked over 400).

Since he's also a still-growing kitten, his food requirements fluctuate depending on growth patterns. The first 6 months after diagnosis was a wild roller coaster of a ride. Once he hit around a year old, his growing has slowed significantly (along with his eating) and he's become much easier to manage. He's part Maine Coon and it looks like he'll continue to grow over the next 4 years (just not as fast as the first year), so I probably won't see true "regulation" till he finishes growing just because it's so hard to properly pinpoint the growth spurts with his insulin dose increases/decreases.

I'm planning on switching to Levemir in the next few months because a lot of kitties seem to do better on it if they're having difficulties becoming perfectly regulated on Lantus. It might make no difference; it might make things easier. The only way to know is to try. ;-)

12. Cupcake

Cupcake Member

KPassa, oh, I see now, your Mickey is a very special kitty :) On the other hand, you are not sure about his diabetes type. It might also happen, that switching insulins will bring some positive results ;) It's really a very good decision: if A doesn't work, try B.
    P.S. Your nick makes me smile every time I see it :) It's like "que pasa" in Spanish :D

13. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Mikey will be one of the kitties positively influenced by a change to Levemir, but I'm also not going to waste the last couple of $25 Lantus pen prescriptions I have just because of a "possibly" (I got in on the coupon before they revoked all the vets' NPI numbers). ;-)

Hehe! My parents had no idea when they named me! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.