A little off topic

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Booger's Mom, Aug 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

I know this is a little off the normal topic but I am leaving tonight for vacation. Sad but true that as an adult, this is my first ever vacation away from home. Booger is going to be taken care of by my mom as well as my other cats and 2 dogs. I know she will take good care of them but I feel like a new mother after giving birth and about to get off maternity leave and have to go back to work! I'm excited about this trip and can't wait to get on the road but at the same time I'm struggling with leaving them. I have never been away from my babies for more than 24 hours and I will be gone for 8 days. I have two cameras setup in my house so I am able to check on them and see them while I'm gone but I am really having a hard time with this abd my anxiety has gotten worse and worse as it has gotten closer to today. Any advice on how to deal with this type of situation. I have taught my mom well on how to check Boogers blood sugar, how to administer insulin and how much, as well as documented any other scenario I could thing of that she might need information for including hypoglycemia. She can always call or facetime me as well.

2. HereKittyKittyKitty

HereKittyKittyKitty Member

I still get this a little about my cat because he has diabetes, and to a lesser degree, my dog. After the first time, it's a lot easier.

She does have your vet's phone number, right? And an account here so she can ask a question in case she can't reach you? And extra supplies?

Say a prayer for your furbabies and Mom and let God watch over them. No better set of eyes :joyful:

Enjoy your vacation :) :) :)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) likes this.
  3. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

Just before any trip I always think of a million reasons why I shouldn't go and leave my animals. Once I'm gone, the anxiety fades and I relax, knowing they're in good hands. Hopefully it will be the same for you.

HereKittyKittyKitty likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.