A note to all who helped along the way.....

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Emily'smom, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emily'smom

Emily'smom Member

Hello everyone,
    I wanted to write a short post to let you know that our Emily had her tooth extracted and teeth cleaned on Friday. Unfortunately, although the surgery went well, her health declined over the weekend. Yesterday Ross and I took her to the emergency veterinary hospital near us and we were told that she had ketones in her urine. As some of you may know, this diabetes journey with Emily (since June) has been a difficult one. I think her small size did not help us treat her effectively, and ultimately the disease took its toll on her tiny body. We made the difficult decision to put Emily to sleep yesterday...always such a hard one to make, but I am confident that we did everything we could for "our girl" and that the decision to end her life when we did, was the right one. I cannot thank all of you enough who took the time to help me and those who gave me the confidence to inject, home test, and set up a chart, as well as your countless suggestions and encouragement. Your knowledge and your willingness to share and take the time to do so meant everything to me and helped to enhance the last few months of Emily's life. I hope I can provide the same help to others, and pay it forward to someone else who is struggling with the same issues with their beloved pet. xoxo

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Sending purrs and prayers at this difficult time

Emily'smom likes this.
  3. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Emily'smom likes this.
  4. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear this. Was hoping the dental would help her sugar dance go smoothly.
    May fond memories if your beloved, Emily, warm your heart always cat_wings>o.

Emily'smom likes this.
  5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I am so sorry you had to let her go.

Emily'smom likes this.
  6. Lillie

Lillie Member

I'm sorry to hear your Emily had to leave. It's always sad no matter what the circumstances are but especially when we have been their caretakers through medical conditions. There's a special bond that happens during this time that draws us so close and it's so very hard when we have to break the connection.:bighug:

Emily'smom likes this.
  7. Monica & Josie

Monica & Josie Member

Oh no, I am so very sorry to hear this!

You did everything you possibly could for Emily throughout all the struggles of her rollercoaster journey.

May all the loving memories you shared bring you peace and keep your heart warm.
    Your precious girl will be waiting for you by the Rainbow Bridge..:rb_icon:

Emily'smom likes this.
  8. Monica & Josie

Monica & Josie Member

cat_wings>o

Attached Files:

Emily'smom likes this.
  9. vbc2000

vbc2000 Member

I'm so sorry. It's never easy :(cat_wings>o

Emily'smom likes this.
  10. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

I am very sorry it was her time. You obviously did all you could for sweet Emily. Now you and Ross have an angel watching over you forever.

Our deepest sympathy,
    Sandi&Whisper.

Emily'smom likes this.
  11. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    So sorry for your loss.

Emily'smom likes this.
  12. Myrtlesmum

Myrtlesmum Member

May it bring you peace to know that you loved and were loved in return:bighug:

Emily'smom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.