Abigail and her first curve

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tom Brewer, Jan 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Brewer

Tom Brewer New Member

Hi everyoneI! Abigail is my 8 year old diabetic who was recently diagnosed. Well, she was actually diagnosed 2 years ago but we quickly we're able to regulate her by switching to wet food only and she has been fine the last year. But we slowly introduced dry food back into her diet and last month she started showing symptoms (increased hunger, drinking tons, lots of urine in box) so we took her to the vet and started monitoring .She eats Fancy Feast pate only and the Vet put her on 1u Lantus 2x per day. The vet said to give it 2 weeks before doing a curve and adjusting the dosage. Well it has been 9 days since we started insulin and I just could wait to do my first curve to see how she is doing Here is her spreadsheet and would love some feedback on these numbers. We use an Alpha Track 2 meter. I am discouraged by these numbers and my poor Abigail spends most of the day sleeping under the bed/table and is obviously not feeling well. What does everyone think?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15MUUQxMQ2TWho3uC9QZE_mpx3iBF7qY4fhyGbeNVfz8/htmlview

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome Tom and Abigail. You are in the right place to get started on helping Abigail feel better. I suggest that you create your signature that will provide Abigail's pertinent information with each of your posts. That saves members asking for the same info or scrolling through posts to find it. Here is a link: SIGNATURE
    It would also be helpful if you would set up our spreadsheet, we are used to reviewing the insulin and testing data in this format, with color coding to indicate different levels of the blood sugar. SPREADSHEET INSTRUCTIONS
    This is a link to understanding the spreadsheet GRID
    Please visit the LANTUS forum and read the stickies at the top of the page. This information helps you understand how Lantus works, how to make it work for Abigail and the treatment protocols. Post there and ask questions, there are many knowledgeable and experienced members who can offer suggestions and advice.
    We absolutely want to help Abigail feel better. Best wishes going forward! :cat:

3. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

Welcome Tom and Abigail! Lots of great support and super knowledgable pet parents to guide you through the maze of feline diabetes management.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.