Abigail will get her biopsy tomorrow

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jill and Remi, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

My civie, Abigail, is going to get her ear biopsied tomorrow. I can't wait any longer and think I have been putting it off because I am very nervous they might find cancer. She is playing at the moment. But her poor right ear looks bad...covered in black on the outer tip. Please keep us in your thoughts if you can spare a prayer.
    And taking Phoebe in for T4 results. She is on a thyroid medication for her hypO-thyroid. I hope they are working...and I even hope they have kicked in her thyroid to act on its own, optimistic I know.

2. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

So we postponed the biopsy again. I just started going to this vet around Christmas and he only started to see Abigail in Feb. of this year, so he wants to try something else before the biopsy. The good news is he picked off her crusty spots and said that the skin beneath it looked pretty healthy and there was hair growing. Also, the underside of her ear is good..no black spots. So we will try a new treatment for a month and if we see no improvement then we do a biopsy.
    He thinks the previous creams were too oily and may have attracted dirt and clogged her hair follicles causing the crusty spots. I pray he is right. He is really optimistic it is not cancer.
    Unfortunately, if it is then the longer we wait to see the higher the chance that it could turn malignant. But I am holding out hope that it is not cancer.
    Will get Phoebe's thyroid results tomorrow...again, hoping for improvement!

3. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

Hm..if he was able to pick off the black it doesnt sound like it... great news and crossing all paws it isnt cancer.

4. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

How do the ears look now, Jill?

5. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

They look better but still seem to want to form new scabby/crusty spots.The left one is about 95% clean but her right one seems determined to keep producing spots. And, for what it is worth, her right eye is blue and her left one gold. Not sure if the eye color makes that side more susceptible to things? The hair growth is spotty on her right ear as well. Some of it is growing in but not everywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.