About daylight savings time

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Phoebes (GA), Mar 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so lost trying to figure this out. I think the all nighter last night has given me brain fart. I gave Phoebe her shot at 830pm. What do I do in morning? Give her it at 930 tomorrow morning? Ty sorry

2. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA) Well-Known Member

Hopefully someone more helpful than me pops up. I am in Arizona and we don't participate in Daylight savings time. Though I guess if you are one hour off you would give one hour later.

3. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

In explanation, I was not sure if it is an hour up or down, I don't know the difference to be honest. you do obviously and you are sure it is an hour forward, therefore it would be one hour later.

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  4. Phoebes (GA)

I would not say "understand" :) my brain is spinning

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Most of us start early so we minimize the impact the time changes have on our cats but you can do it "backwards" too if your schedule allows it

You'd give the insulin 15 minutes early per cycle until you're giving it an hour early....then when you "spring forward", you're back on time

If you start tomorrow and you usually shoot at 8:30/8:30 (old time), set your clock ahead tonight and shoot at 9:15am, 9:00pm, 8:45am, 8:30pm over the next 4 cycles and you're back on your 8:30/8:30 schedule

Some cats are more sensitive than others about the time change. In those cats we spread it out even longer

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  6. Phoebes (GA)

Thank you, I can wrap my head around that :)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.
  7. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

I am so so glad to live in Arizona, even more so after reading all that. I would never have made it in a daylight savings time state.

8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I wish the rest of the country would just get rid of it.....I understand why it was started and at one time it may have made sense, but it doesn't now!!

9. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry if I sound old but do we really need a fridge that's hooked up to the internet? Now people can hack into your baby-cams too. At last count I have to change the clocks on at least 11 things in this house. Not many Americans know this, and why would you care, but Canada has a time zone that's 30 minutes off. Maple syrup, canoes and now this. It's okay to laugh, eh!

Squalliesmom and Phoebes (GA) like this.
  10. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

What's wrong with maple syrup and canoes????

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  11. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Nothing at all. I like living here but there's too much protectionism, we ignore nasty things we've done in our past and the whole "Canadians are so friendly" thing is ridiculous. People everywhere are the same, most just want a little respect and a good life. Invisible lines on the ground are for politicians. We do have some pretty funky money though, and haven't had one or two dollar bills for 20+ years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.