? ? About Fancy Feast food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sherrib, Feb 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherrib

sherrib Well-Known Member

I only feed skittles FF can food now ( instead of Friskies ) . I usually only get him Turkey & giblets feast , but the store was almost out so I got a bunch of FF kitten food canned... it that okay?

2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

According to Dr. Pierson's food chart the turkey kitten food has 4% carbs and the ocean whitefish kitten food has 5% carbs.

3. sherrib

Asking because his BG isn't dropping like it usually does. Maybe his insulin finally went bad? With my luck it probably has! I've had it for over a year, expires in April. He has been responding to it really good when he needed it, because he doesn't need it every day. For some reason he only seems to need it every other day. I still haven't been able to get his dental work done, and we all think that's the reason why he fell out every mission to begin with ( infected tooth ) because my health has really gone down hill within the last six weeks and I actually have a broken tooth that I cannot get fixed right now either .

4. sherrib

That is the reason why I went with the kitten food because of the carb count I just want to make sure that it is OK for him to have kitten food.

5. sherrib

I guess I need to explain I had it over a year but I didn't use it because he went into remission before I used it, well actually I think I used it maybe four times before he went into remission.

6. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I don't think it will hurt him to have a few cans of kitten food. I believe there are some folks on here who include it as a regular part of their kitties' diets.

7. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Davidson is in remission for close to 3 yrs and I him and his non-diabetic brother the following FF PATE food and his BG are great:
    Turkey & Giblet Feast
    Chicken Feast
    Tender Liver & Chicken Feast
    Beef Flavour Feast
    Oean Whitefish & Tuna Feast
    Cod, Sole & Shrimp Feast
    Salmon Feast

I mix up the flavours each feeding (am & pm) and they get NO dry food, never had problems from this food since Davidson was diagnosed Nov 2013 and for 3 yrs consistent BG levels 3-5

Dusty Bones likes this.
  8. sherrib

Is 3-5 in the US 130-150?

9. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  10. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I see there are days skittles was up around the 180's And you didn't shoot. On a human meter up to 120 is normal, so I wouldn't skip shots when he's that high. Try giving a small 0.25 dose when 140-190. You want to get that nadir around 90-110.

11. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

sorry - 3-5 is 55-90 in USA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.