? About Food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Donnis, Aug 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donnis

Donnis New Member

Hi all - Just need to know what to feed 2 of my NON-sugar kitties - They both got very sick on a can of Friskies Shredded Chicken on Tuesday - One about 4 PM the other a few hours later - VERY VERY SICK - One is 13 1/2, the other is 15 - They are both drinking water on their own now & eating turkey baby food - Not much interest in eating real catfood at this time - They want to but then change their little minds - I have a lot of different kinds of FF (turkey, chicken, beef & some fish) & Friskies(same kinds) & liquid Catsure - I do have some chicken I could boil, but they aren't big fans of that(Now if it was original Kentucky Fried Chicken it would be a different story) - Any thoughts or ideas? - Thank you - Donnis, BusterBrown & LittleBoy

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

You can try boiled chicken and baby food. I wouod be concered since this happened on Tuesday and now it is Thursday. Have you called your vet?
    I would try 1/4 of a 10 mg tab of Pepcid AC (generic is FAMOTIDINE) you do not want one labeled Complete or extra strength.
    Earlier this year I had similar problem but it only lasted 24 hurs. I has one can of 9-Lives. One cat would not eat it. One ate it then vomited and wold not each ore at that time. Another ate it but was lethargic for the rest of the day and would not each that evening.

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

It is possible to have a bad batch of food.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.