Accu metrics allergy testing

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sean & Rufus, Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

So Rufus has food allergies and possible IBD and we are 99% sure turkey is an issue, but we know he has other allergies too. I've been told not to bother with getting him tested because they are inaccurate. I saw a Groupon for allergy testing and it came out to be about $45, so I figured what the heck. If it comes back showing turkey, I'll know it's for real. This is what came back....
    Screenshot (10).png Screenshot (8).png

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

So, does green mean they are not allergic? If so you are saying it is crap? :D

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  3. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

good thing your cat don't smoke and is not allergic to pet dander :joyful:

wonder why they test for sweet potato allergy but, not the more common used pumpkin for cats.

edit: oops nevermind, apparently i can't see right. i see pumpkin now even though i looked at the veggy side too first time!

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  4. Sean & Rufus

Pretty much!!

5. Sean & Rufus

That is strange! But, I did buy some wet food from Walmart that was chicken and sweet potato, so maybe that is a thing now? These companies are starting to put all these veggies in the foods as a source of cheap protein and carbs. :(

6. Sean & Rufus

Just looked at it again, they do "test" for pumpkin. It's under vegetables :)

7. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

yeah i was blind, pumpkin is on there...
    think comps may of realized sweet potato its yummier to cats like i did over a year ago perhaps. use to see it in dog food all the time but, rarely in cat canned foods.
    my cats definitely prefer when i use sweet potato in their homemade food, they eat it up but, now i use mostly pumpkin since it is like half the carbs and they are not as enthused about it at all..

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  8. Sean & Rufus

I put the whole report as a link in my signature if anyone wants to see the whole thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.