AccuChek Aviva Code Key

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN), Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN)

Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN) Member

A DCIN-sponsored cat received a donation on two bottle of the AccuCheck Aviva strips, but they came without the code key. The donor does not have the code key, and the recipient can't use the strips without the code key. The recipient says the two bottles are marked CODE 035.

I have never used personally a system that used a code key.

How do I go about getting a replacement key? Does anyone have a key for code 35 that they are not using or will not be using in the future that we could get from you?

Thanks!!

2. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

I have used just recently a different code key that I had. strips and code key did not match and I have and still do, occasionally double check with the OTU and results have matched. so I would at least try any code key and test and do a test with her meter if she has one to see if there is a difference. who knows. maybe I just got lucky but it is worth a try

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well...i have an accu check aviva but my codes for my two bottles are different from the one you need. and you kinda need to keep them cause being 50 to a bottle the meter sometimes asks you to "check code" and you have to reinsert.
    the best advice i can think of...call the company.

4. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

just have them use their old code key.
    if they can't find it, they may want to look on the aviva itself to see if the key is still inserted. i drove myself crazy looking for the key when i started a new bottle and it turned out to be still in the meter. :)

5. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Call AccuChek customer service and ask for a code key. They'll happily send one to you for free. Be sure to specify the code number that is on the bottle of test strips. You can't use, say, code key 56, with a bottle of test strips for code key 90. You'll get an error message.

6. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

I called but they did not have any more 035 code keys. i will try it with another code key but have never had luck with this in the past, but since some of you have gotten this to work i will give it another try. Thanks for all the info!

Desi

7. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

I just messaged the person the strips came from before me and she found the key at her house. She will mail it out to you!

8. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

That totally rocks! Thank you so very much! (& sorry to be so much trouble...)

Desi & Tinkerbell & the Gang

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah Kelly, that totally ROCKS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.