Ack! Skin lesion near injection site

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Val and Sebastian, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Val and Sebastian

Val and Sebastian Member

I noticed tonight that Sebastian has a raised, crusty red bump (about 1cm in diameter) near his injection site, but not on it. We are calling the vet tomorrow morning for an appt but can anyone set my mind at ease? All I can think of is cancer. Are lesions common with diabetic cats?

2. Pat and Skipper (GA)

Pat and Skipper (GA) Member

I don't have any guess on this one. Hopefully it is nothing to worry about; but I would want the vet to see it. Pls keep us posted.

3. KristenP&Sam

KristenP&Sam Member

Could it be a bug bite? A bite or scratch from another cat? (My guys are constantly wrestling and giving each other little boo-boos.)

4. Val and Sebastian

Val and Sebastian Member

It turned out to be some kind of bacterial infection that he's going to get an antibiotic for.

Unfortunately, the discovered his teeth/gums are in terrible shape and they are keeping him tonight for a dental tomorrow morning, along with possibly 6 extractions. :sad: All to the tune of $800!

Poor baby. And poor bank account :sad: Something like this always happens when we take him to the vet!

5. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

Glad he is getting all taken care of and I am sure he will be happy to feel better. I know this is late, but fwiw I wasn't thinking cancer so glad to see it wasn't. Take care!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.