Acromegaly: a quality-of-life improving research project

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by AcroCatTeam, Dec 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcroCatTeam

AcroCatTeam New Member

Hello everybody!

I am writing from Italy, precisely from University of Bologna (https://www.facebook.com/endocrinologiaveterinaria.unibo.it).

I am part of a group of clinical researcher currently working on feline acromegaly. We would gain as much knowledge as possible about epidemiology and quality of life, with the aim to develop better treatment strategies. Obviously, owners point of view is paramount in this process.

We have created a questionnaire for acromegalic cat owners. It is currently being translated in many different languages in order to reach as many people as possibile all over the world.

I attach here the link of the english version of the questionnaire:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...kH8T4NeUKm0X5VFcNLAW_v60w/viewform?usp=pp_url

Every questionnaire filled is a small step in the fight against this disease.

Feel free to ask anything you want about our project and to give us any suggestion!

The AcroCatTeam

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Has your university's research review board approved this research? In the US, all university research needs to be approved by our Institutional Review Board (IRB) and it assigns a number that validates that the research meets ethical standards.

3. AcroCatTeam

AcroCatTeam New Member

In our country an Ethics Committee and/or IRB approval is required when the study involve direct intervention on animals (e.g.: blood sampling). In this type of study an Ethics Committee approval is not required. For these reasons we do not have an Ethics Committee approval for this project.

All personal data (location, email address) are completely optional and, if given, will be used only for the research purpose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.