? Acting wierd!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Barri & Sonny, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barri & Sonny

Barri & Sonny Member

Hi All! So...Sonny's BG has been between 129-204...all pretty good. He eats Friskies Supreme Supper or Mariners Catch. Anyway....the past few days i have noticed that he is grooming all the time and he is vomiting up hairballs!! Tonight he did not eat his whole dinner either...any ideas?? And is there anything i can do for the hairballs? I do brush him everyday. They arent "balls" either....more like "tubes" of hair.. gross...i know!! Thanks!!

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Tis the season!!

A little coconut oil can help

3. LaraB

LaraB Member

If you're in the northern hemisphere where we are entering Spring and warmer weather, cats are starting to shed those winter coats. Every single one of our cats have been hacking up more hairballs this past month in particular.

Is Sonny showing any other signs of stress? Excessive grooming is common in cats who might be stressed over something. We have a cat who is prone to this behavior. In his worst "attack," he practically licked and chewed off all the fur on his belly and hind-quarters. We have never pin-pointed a physical cause, so we always suspected it to be stress induced.

4. ja9390

ja9390 Member

Put vaseline on the top of his paw for him to lick off and it will help keep hairballs from forming

5. Barri & Sonny

Barri & Sonny Member

Ughhh....NOW he ate a little of his 1030 am feeding....stopped...went in the litterbox and had liquid diarrhea!!

6. Lilian

Lilian Member

Every day during the summer I bring grass in the flat. https://www.google.ee/search?q=raud...689#tbm=isch&q=orashein&imgrc=fqkEgE1v7m3YKM:
    This is the type of grass. Just 4-5 pieces and he eats them. They do not digest it. They use it to make themselves puke. During the winter people use cat grass which you can buy from the pet shop, but my cats do not eat cat grass that I buy from the shop. So during the winter I buy special hairball gel from the pet shop and I put it on their coats and they lick it. I have been told by the vets that special hairball foods do not work. It must be the special gel.

7. Anitafrnhamer

Anitafrnhamer Member

Lack of appetite, watery stool, and vomiting (with shedding season it's hard to tell) can all be symptoms of pancreatitis. Be aware of hydration level as pancreatitis can make them dehydrate.

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.