addiction (venison), siutable 4 diabetic/pancreatitis cats?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sun, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sun

sun Member

i am trying other types of food with novel protein for my cat -- siujim who has diabetes and pancreatitis.

addiction from new zealand has venison and apple which i am not sure if it is suitable. the vet in hk recommends it.
    but i want to know whether you folks have used this before.
    and also as i can't find the detailed fact sheets on web, pls let me know if anyone of you know this type of canned food.

http://www.addictionfoods.com/usa/prod_cat_venison.php

the following are from their web page.

thxxx
    anson
    -----------------------------

ingredients:

Venison, Carrots, Apples, Potatoes, Peas, Carrageenan, Cassia Gums, Dried Seaweed, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Sulphate, Ferrous Sulphate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Manganese Sulphate, Copper Sulphate, Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Selenite, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Calcium Iodate

# No Grains
    # No Artificial Preservatives
    # No By-products
    # No fillers
    # No gluten or corn
    # Meets AAFCO standards

Guaranteed Analysis:
    Crude Protein (min.) 9%
    Crude Fat (min.) 3%
    Crude Fiber (max.) 1%
    Moisture (max.) 80%
    Ash (max.) 1%

Typical Analysis:
    Calcium - 2.1%
    Phosphorus - 1.6%
    Sodium - 0.2%

Caloric Content 147 Kcal / 6.5oz

2. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

I would call the company and ask what the "as fed" values are. Especially for the carb content. All of those veggies are a bit worrisome to me, but it could be that they are only a tiny percentage of the food. You might also ask about the as fed values of the fat content because fat needs to be kept lowish for pancreatic patients.

~M

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.