? administering supplements

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by TheBowHuntress, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBowHuntress

TheBowHuntress Well-Known Member

Gobbles has been taking Zobaline for a few months now. I just started him on Denamarin. I am wondering if, being supplements, it would be effective/ok to give one per day only. For example, Zobaline today then Denamarin tomorrow then Zobaline on Tuesday, etc...

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

3. TheBowHuntress

Thanks! I looked at that, but am not following; I assume them it is best to give the Denamarin daily? Since his BG has gone down and being on Zobaline for a while, the change in his neuropathy is very noticeable; he trots, plays whereas at dx and a few months thereafter, the neuropathy was quite apparent; therefore, maybe I'll just give him his Zobaline every other day and the Denamarin daily....

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Because for the other graph (although for dog) show that the D is cleared from the blood stream in under 24 hours. The if you give it EOD, the liver is not getting any benefit from the drug for other 24 hours. I would rather give 1/2 dose daily than one does EOD>

5. TheBowHuntress

Wow, what a fantastic idea; if you look at his SS labs, Gobbles' ALT is elevated, but I'm told 127 isn't too high; he's gone up and down since 9/2011. The reason I looked into the Denamarin is because of his ALT; a fellow member suggested it to me and my vet said it was a good idea....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.