Advice for Am

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lisa and little, May 7, 2019.

1. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

so I have been up all night but finally got a good cycle. :D Looking at a +9 of 85 I’m guessing AMPS will be 200 or under. Should I take a small reduction or push through? I did make a slight food change so not sure if the dose just kicked in or if it’s a direct result of removing 1 oz of fish and subbing liver and chicken. My thinking is 235 or above I hold my dose. Welcome opinions ... I will be home to monitor but probably napping half the day lol

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

I think you made the right call this morning. :bighug:

3. Lisa and little

Whew.... Well that one was a no brainer but wasn’t expecting her to jump up so much from +9. Just woke up for +4 and she’s FLAT!! 297 The usual after a good cycle???? Should I hold the dose or raise assuming she’s flat today? +7 is 313. Raise to 2.6 tonight? Ugh I really need to sleep but... she’s my love. Wondering if this is the usual bounce from being lower than usual for her. If so I would hold no?

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  4. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Looks like a classic bounce cycle to me. Staying flat throughout a cycle is just what they do after a bounce usually. I'd hold the dose and give her a chance to settle down and clear the bounce.

Djamila likes this.
  5. Lisa and little

Thanks Rachel. How many cycles should I hold for before I consider upping the dose assuming she stays flat?

6. Djamila

That varies by cat. Of course. :rolleyes: Typically we've said 3-6 cycles to clear a bounce. However, given that 2.5 doesn't really look like enough insulin just yet, I think I'd stick to the lower end of that range. If the greens don't reappear fairly soon, I'd go forward with the next little increase. That being said, I really hope Little will prove me wrong and give you another green today! :D

7. Lisa and little

From your lips to gods ears!!

Djamila likes this.
  8. Djamila

Yikes. That is definitely not a green. :oops:

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Lisa and little

WT#%!!! I fought the urge to go up to 2.6 as little is typically a 5-6 cycle adjuster. AMPS 322. It was really hard but the data shows it takes her that long. In the past when I’ve gone up prior we had limes ... so hoping and praying. Also fighting the urge to run my other girl to the vet. Found a small lump under her arm:( She is 16-17 so not sure what I would do if it’s bad news. Will give it a few days to see what happens. cant catch a break over here ...
    Blues today but 335 at PMPS. Couldn’t hold on for 1 more cycle. Patience pants in the wash. Hopefully i didn’t make a boo boo. Upped to 2.6

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  10. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Does the lump seem to bother her, like any pain if you touch it? Apparently, abscess's are common under their arm :bookworm: but should cause discomfort if you touch it. Overall, she had a nice cycle today :), even with those pink PS numbers.

11. Lisa and little

Thanks Yong. And no pain. It’s as if it’s in the skin, the fatty part not actually attached to her body if that makes sense.

12. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Maybe just a fatty cyst that won't cause any problems :D.

13. Lisa and little

From your lips to gods ears. That’s my thought upon feeling it. Will continue to monitor. Thank you for all of the great advice and support you’ve all given

Rachel likes this.